This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR AK got reraised

• plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      I know squeeze play is meant for a raise and a call, not for reraise and a call but was this squeeze correct?

Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $19.35
      UTG+1: $27
      MP1: $25
      MP2: $27.25
      MP3: $4.30
      CO: $14.25
      Button: $50.25
      Hero: $24.65
      BB: $20.85

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K:spade: A:diamond:
      UTG calls, 5 folds, Button calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]BB raises to $4.5[/color], UTG calls, Button folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $24.65[/color], BB folds, [color:#cc0000]UTG calls all-in $14.85[/color].
      Uncalled bets: $9.8 returned to Hero.

Flop: A:club: 4:heart: 2:spade: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

Turn: J:diamond: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

River: 5:heart: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

Results:
      Final pot: $9.5
      [color:#ffffff]Hero showed Ks Ad[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]UTG showed Jh Kd[/color]
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It is fine.
      AK likes to see all 5 cards+ you´re oop, so hard to get more money if you hit A or K for worse hands.
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Thanks for all evaluations you've done for me :)

Oh and one more question. According to BSS articles, one should fold AK if there was a reraise. Supposing UTG folded after BB's reraise, what should I do then? Treat that as a resteal and push anyways? Or fold as there was no possibility for a squeeze anymore? Or maybe at these low limits pushing a reraised AK is ok in most situations?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plaukas
      Thanks for all evaluations you've done for me :)

Oh and one more question. According to BSS articles, one should fold AK if there was a reraise. Supposing UTG folded after BB's reraise, what should I do then? Treat that as a resteal and push anyways? Or fold as there was no possibility for a squeeze anymore? Or maybe at these low limits pushing a reraised AK is ok in most situations?
      It doesn´t really matter if UTG folded or called.
      I believe that his re-raising range is probably JJ+, AK.
      You´ll beat that with AK and thatś why you should push, since you have fold equity to JJ, QQ and AK.
      If you believe that BB could only re-raise with AA, KK- then it is fold pf, since you´re way behind.

Squeese play is: when you open someone calls and then third player re-raises.
      If there has limping, you raise and BB re-raises then BB mostly has strong hand, but AK seems too good to fold against regulars.

When you moive up, then you find, that a lot of players are willing to go all-in with JJ+, AK (AQ) pf, since tables are so much aggressive, but on lower limits if you face 4-bet (or shove) it is almost KK, AA.