[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR AK got reraised

• plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      I know squeeze play is meant for a raise and a call, not for reraise and a call but was this squeeze correct?

Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $19.35
      UTG+1: $27
      MP1: $25
      MP2: $27.25
      MP3: $4.30
      CO: $14.25
      Button: $50.25
      Hero: $24.65
      BB: $20.85

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K:spade: A:diamond:
      UTG calls, 5 folds, Button calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]BB raises to $4.5[/color], UTG calls, Button folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $24.65[/color], BB folds, [color:#cc0000]UTG calls all-in $14.85[/color].
      Uncalled bets: $9.8 returned to Hero.

Flop: A:club: 4:heart: 2:spade: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

Turn: J:diamond: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

River: 5:heart: ($9.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $34.45)

Results:
      Final pot: $9.5
      [color:#ffffff]Hero showed Ks Ad[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]UTG showed Jh Kd[/color]
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It is fine.
      AK likes to see all 5 cards+ you´re oop, so hard to get more money if you hit A or K for worse hands.
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Thanks for all evaluations you've done for me :)

Oh and one more question. According to BSS articles, one should fold AK if there was a reraise. Supposing UTG folded after BB's reraise, what should I do then? Treat that as a resteal and push anyways? Or fold as there was no possibility for a squeeze anymore? Or maybe at these low limits pushing a reraised AK is ok in most situations?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plaukas
      Thanks for all evaluations you've done for me :)

Oh and one more question. According to BSS articles, one should fold AK if there was a reraise. Supposing UTG folded after BB's reraise, what should I do then? Treat that as a resteal and push anyways? Or fold as there was no possibility for a squeeze anymore? Or maybe at these low limits pushing a reraised AK is ok in most situations?
      It doesn´t really matter if UTG folded or called.
      I believe that his re-raising range is probably JJ+, AK.
      You´ll beat that with AK and thatś why you should push, since you have fold equity to JJ, QQ and AK.
      If you believe that BB could only re-raise with AA, KK- then it is fold pf, since you´re way behind.

Squeese play is: when you open someone calls and then third player re-raises.
      If there has limping, you raise and BB re-raises then BB mostly has strong hand, but AK seems too good to fold against regulars.

When you moive up, then you find, that a lot of players are willing to go all-in with JJ+, AK (AQ) pf, since tables are so much aggressive, but on lower limits if you face 4-bet (or shove) it is almost KK, AA.