Electricity cut

• TheMoment
      Hello, I have laptop, I have my phone set as 3G modem if my internet connection would dissapear from my router.

But what would happen if electricity went off for longer period of time? I mean, what if my 2nd monitor dissapeared?

The problem is, how to get tables on the laptop screeen instead of turned off monitor?
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Here is how:
      You can simulate this by turning off the monitor power.

Open a notepad window and move it to the external monitor.
      [Power off the external monitor here for a true test, but leave it on for now. Some video hardware will auto-reposition windows]

click alt-tab until notepad is showing.
      Press alt-spacebar
      Press the M key.

If your external monitor is logically to the right, use the left arrow key until you see an outline of the window on your laptop screen.

Press Enter.

If you left your external monitor on, you will see that alt-spacebar opens up the window control menu.

Another suggestion would be to invest in a UPS.

• TheMoment
      Thank you, that really helped
    • Krishjanis
      Win + Shift + Left Arrow, or Right arrow depending to which side you want to move the window.
      If the poker room allows just create a table layout where all the tables are only on the laptop, so the you can move one table and choose the layout so all the tables jump straight over.
      Another thing is to hit Win+P and disconnect projector, but not sure if it will move all the tables or they will get stuck, so better test it out before.
    • IngridN
      Hi guys,

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to the relevant board.