[NL2-NL10] KQ against loose opponent

• helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      SB: $5 (125 bb)
      BB: $9.14 (228.5 bb) 47/24/1.4/0/37 (VPIP/PFR/AF/3bet/hands)
      UTG: $9.27 (231.7 bb)
      MP: $4.87 (121.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $4.30 (107.5 bb)
      BTN: $7.82 (195.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 8 K 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.64) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

River: ($2.24) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.16, BB calls $1.16

Results: $4.56 pot ($0.30 rake)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello helliaspapas,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

As long his play doesn't make much of sense your play should be fine. Nice hand! Would you also Call him if he would have raised you bigger on the turn?

Best Regards.
    • helliaspapas
      helliaspapas
      Bronze
      Thanks for the evaluation veriz!I suppose I wouldn't call him if he would raise 3 or more times my bet (he could easily have two pair+).I'm a little concerned though with my river bet..On the turn the BB minraises my bet which is a move that they usually do when they want to grow the pot bigger and they don't want me to fold the hand.So in the river allthough I catch trips I don't see my situation getting better.The only hands that beated me and I currently win is lower two pair (like 84,85,etc) .Should I check behind the river??
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by helliaspapas
      Thanks for the evaluation veriz!I suppose I wouldn't call him if he would raise 3 or more times my bet (he could easily have two pair+).I'm a little concerned though with my river bet..On the turn the BB minraises my bet which is a move that they usually do when they want to grow the pot bigger and they don't want me to fold the hand.So in the river allthough I catch trips I don't see my situation getting better.The only hands that beated me and I currently win is lower two pair (like 84,85,etc) .Should I check behind the river??
      Yes, the hands which win you are lower but if he is also calling you with them? But while he is rather looser should be still possible to see him calling with those hands.