MP3 = (€2.59)
      CO = (€0.60)
      BU = (€2.02)
      SB (Hero) = (€3.02)
      BB = (€2.23)
      UTG2 = (€2.33)
      MP1 = (€2.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      UTG2 calls €0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls €0.02, 2 folds, BU calls €0.02, Hero calls €0.01, BB checks.

Flop: (€0.1) 7, 6, 4 (5 players)
      Hero bets €0.04, BB folds, UTG2 folds, MP2 folds, BU calls €0.04.

Turn: (€0.18) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.11, BU calls €0.11.

River: (€0.4) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.38, BU raises to €1.85, Hero calls €1.47.

Final Pot: €4.1.

Results :
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(T A).
      BU shows a full-house, fours full of sevens(4 4).
      BU wins with a full-house, fours full of sevens(4 4).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elda420,

Preflop: If you don't feel very well playing those hands then sure limping is fine. Although isolating could be another option.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the flop & turn bigger, you want to get value from them. :) But otherwise on the river whilst another 7 even gets there and now a lot of FHs possible you should be rather Bet/Folding it instead. It was also just a freeplay pot and I doubt that you going to face a lot worse flushes there.

Best Regards.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your analysis.

Is betting bigger good at these stakes ? I feel that whenever I do that for value I have everyone folding and me getting barely anything out of my hand because people are so passive...even though in that specific case that player would've definitively called.
      Maybe I could've gotten him to fold by shoving on the turn where I clearly had the best possible hand ?

Edit : Oh and how much would you bet with on the value bet rounds ? A full pot sized bet maybe ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by elda420
      Thank you very much for your analysis.

Is betting bigger good at these stakes ? I feel that whenever I do that for value I have everyone folding and me getting barely anything out of my hand because people are so passive...even though in that specific case that player would've definitively called.
      Maybe I could've gotten him to fold by shoving on the turn where I clearly had the best possible hand ?

Edit : Oh and how much would you bet with on the value bet rounds ? A full pot sized bet maybe ?
      Don't worry about that, that's NL2 so if they have a hand they are willing to pay. We should be betting near the pot as long it's just a limped pot.

Shoving the turn would just make a lot worse to fold, so it's not a good idea, we want to get value from his weaker hands.