This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 nut flush draw

• elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.01/€0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 = (€2.00)
      MP3 = (€2.59)
      CO = (€0.60)
      BU = (€2.02)
      SB (Hero) = (€3.02)
      BB = (€2.23)
      UTG2 = (€2.33)
      MP1 = (€2.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      UTG2 calls €0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls €0.02, 2 folds, BU calls €0.02, Hero calls €0.01, BB checks.

Flop: (€0.1) 7, 6, 4 (5 players)
      Hero bets €0.04, BB folds, UTG2 folds, MP2 folds, BU calls €0.04.

Turn: (€0.18) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.11, BU calls €0.11.

River: (€0.4) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.38, BU raises to €1.85, Hero calls €1.47.

Final Pot: €4.1.

Results :
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(T A).
      BU shows a full-house, fours full of sevens(4 4).
      BU wins with a full-house, fours full of sevens(4 4).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello elda420,

Preflop: If you don't feel very well playing those hands then sure limping is fine. Although isolating could be another option.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the flop & turn bigger, you want to get value from them. :) But otherwise on the river whilst another 7 even gets there and now a lot of FHs possible you should be rather Bet/Folding it instead. It was also just a freeplay pot and I doubt that you going to face a lot worse flushes there.

Best Regards.
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your analysis.

Is betting bigger good at these stakes ? I feel that whenever I do that for value I have everyone folding and me getting barely anything out of my hand because people are so passive...even though in that specific case that player would've definitively called.
      Maybe I could've gotten him to fold by shoving on the turn where I clearly had the best possible hand ?

Edit : Oh and how much would you bet with on the value bet rounds ? A full pot sized bet maybe ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by elda420
      Thank you very much for your analysis.

Is betting bigger good at these stakes ? I feel that whenever I do that for value I have everyone folding and me getting barely anything out of my hand because people are so passive...even though in that specific case that player would've definitively called.
      Maybe I could've gotten him to fold by shoving on the turn where I clearly had the best possible hand ?

Edit : Oh and how much would you bet with on the value bet rounds ? A full pot sized bet maybe ?
      Don't worry about that, that's NL2 so if they have a hand they are willing to pay. We should be betting near the pot as long it's just a limped pot.

Shoving the turn would just make a lot worse to fold, so it's not a good idea, we want to get value from his weaker hands.