[NL2-NL10] Just call?

• Ashton733
      0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , 2:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) K:heart: , 9:diamond: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.21 (All-In), MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $3.21

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, koningen and tweeën (Kd 2c)

Hero wins with two pairs, koningen and tweeën (Kd 2c)

What's the best move here? Call and try to get his money in on the turn or reraise him?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      No, you did well to push him, any freecards on the turn and river are dangerous if they are no blank cards.

nice hand ;)
    • DeKuip

I think calling is possible since the board is dry.
      But pushing all-in is also good.
      Hello Ashton733,

it's ok to bet/push this hand on the flop. You did well.

Basically, we always want to go all-in as soon as possible while having tptk and better (every overpair, every two-pair and so on).
    • Martin008SK
      I've been many times in such situation. Pushing all-in is due to rules of SSS. But consequently I'm not wining as much as I'm loosing posting BB. Or as well I lose when I should fold after preflop raise, when I dont hit a flop and my opponents raise...
      So, there is a dilemma when having strong hand. My opponent bet the minimum after flop just to know wheather I have somethink or not. I push all-in and he of course fold and I have almost nothing from him.
      Or next situation: I have AA and Im in button, 3 players before me just call in preflop. So I should raise 7xBB. Mostly, everybody fold, because they may know I have smth strong. Yeah, I dont want calls from opponents with 72 or smth like that, because flop can hit them. But however, pusching so high raise make my opponents to fold and I win with the best hand just minimum. And then I'm wainting for ages for playable hand and paying BB, SB and losing...
      Well, should be the SSS playing so strict? And also strict playing is quite bored, cause I'm playing like a machine, no reading of opponents is there included...
      Martin008SK, poker's not only about winning big pots. Getting three big blinds + 1.5 from bb and sb is very good with any hand. Try calculating how big your winrate would be if you always gain such an amount when you raise (assuming you raise only hands from shc). You'll be a rich man really soon :) .

SSS is all about being strict. If you're bored, try opening another table or two. Also, when you'll cross the next limits, more skills will be required (also reading and/or using stats, so be patient).

Good luck at the tables, though.