[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 AKo 27-08-12

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.88 (144 bb)
      SB: $1.44 (72 bb)
      MP: $0.90 (45 bb)
      BB: $1.05 (52.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A K
      MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.36, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.26

Flop: ($0.76) 3 5 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.84) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.84) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.87, SB calls $0.54 and is all-in

My call on flop was a bit to loose I think, but I still had a few outs, and he would pay me off if I hit, but maybe this was overdoing it?

Wasn't to sure about turn, so went for a free showdown, if he would let me, or just a small call on river.

On river I hit again, so deffentially thought I was ahead here, had to get the rest of his stack.

Still thinking folding flop might have been smarter?
      However he did have a strong hand, and was as we can see willing to get it in on river.

Villain:
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Preflop: There is no way you can do profitable enough here by your calling. We either getting it in if we assume we are doing good vs his 3betting range or we just folding it.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't really make sense to Call here, you don't have the implied odds, if you even want to continue and assume he is weak then shove it.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Could I have called with AKs?
      It's just seems rather stupid to fold this hand, but then again it is weak a weak hand
      And shoving seems overplayed here, didn't have enough read on his 3bet range.

I just can't seem to find a good way to play AKo,AKs.

He was so aggressive, and had a hard time making him belive my hands he reraised me all the time, it felt like, prolly just me on a tilt then...

AK will properly always (for a very longtime) be my achilles heel.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Could I have called with AKs?
      It's just seems rather stupid to fold this hand, but then again it is weak a weak hand
      And shoving seems overplayed here, didn't have enough read on his 3bet range.

I just can't seem to find a good way to play AKo,AKs.

He was so aggressive, and had a hard time making him belive my hands he reraised me all the time, it felt like, prolly just me on a tilt then...

AK will properly always (for a very longtime) be my achilles heel.
      Well, what's the difference? :P