[NL2-NL10] NL10/FR Preflop push or fold

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi all, First hand posted so hopefully i did this right. Thought this would be a fun hand to post first.

My Question; Given what i knew preflop is there a situation in which i could have played this hand profitably by calling/Raising, if not in a cash game in a tournament / SnG?

Put otherwise; When may it have been appropriate for me to call?

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:club:
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) Q:diamond: , 9:club: , T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.35) J:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.10, BU raises to $1.00, UTG+2 raises to $1.90, BU raises to $3.80, UTG+2 calls $1.90.

River: ($8.95) K:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.10, BU raises to $5.55 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $5.45.

Final Pot: $20.05

My Motivations;
      In this hand i followed the SHC and folded my Ac,Qc to a raise from BU to 5BB.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You did well. I think you made this topic because the board gave u the winning hand.
      You shouldn't be concerned with this because most of the times you can also miss the flop thus you do not have any hand and you are not the aggressor.

;)
    • Tukaluga
      Tukaluga
      Bronze
      i think there are some different options you got .

In first case a fold is OK here because u are not gong to risk your money with a hand that might be dominated here, but I also like reraising the button raise with AJs+ for blind defense . This is not that importent on low limits but you also had great odds for a call .

So i think its very difficult to decide how this hand is played well . Maybe depends on your opponents ;)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      On these limits it's easy.
      Stick to the strategy and you'll win.

So no reason to invest money here, there is a raise in front of you so that's an easy fold.
      Whatever shows up on the board after that is completely irrelevant.

Only if you have a good read on Villain, you can consider to push preflop, but that's not what I would have done..

You can start trying these things on NL50, until then just basic SSS should do the job.
      Bronze
      Welcome DaPhunk,

as DeKuip stated, there's no better strategy for short stacks than a Short Stack Strategy ;) . I know it feels tempting to give it a shot with AQs, but I'm afraid you can't do it profiably on NL10. Of course it cannot really be compared to NL1k game with heavy stats ;) . So when you move up in limits, you'll know.

Have fun posting some more ;) .
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      and not long after he starts Gerv is already Judgin Hands ;)