MP: $11.52 (115.2 bb)
      CO: $11.51 (115.1 bb) 19/19(16h)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 8
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) J T T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.35) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero folds

Main question is on the flop. I called because I think I am ahead of his cbetting range (he has not often hit this board, and can easily have A high or whatever). But maybe this is bad play because so many turn and river cards are bad for me that it will be difficult to get to showdown. So perhaps call flop and fold turn unimproved is just burning money.

Turn is easy fold I think. Very bad card for me because all broadways, even AK, now beat me.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Nah, calling the flop is still fine. We are still ahead vs his whole CBetting range. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • CPallo
      Calling flop would be good if you were in position (it would make your decisions easier).

By raising you would just isolate yourself against better hands, so calling there and seeing their turn move is fine.
    • Balltas
      I think there is too few options as I sayd that raise would isolate with better players and calling is fine...

but... please correct me if I am wrong, that calling could bring another bad card and you will have to check-fold. But by rising you could win po right here if your oponent dont have any J or T or QQ, KK, AA.

Beasides when you call you dont get any information if he is betting cause you cheking or if he betting if he has something...?

I think that you should bet firt in that pot to check that out. But on the other hand.. oponent could just raise bluff or to give up or just a call to hope hitting one of his overcards like if he has AK (so many players do that) OR he already has a J or T?

say something about my arguments if they are really incorrect.