AKs in sb

    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.11.2010 Posts: 125
      I found my situation in SB w/ AKs BB is 17/13 CO 22/17/47( 29% CO steal)
      I 3bet the CO as BB tends to fold his BB to steal 88% of time. At the time it seemed like the best fold given the BB actually min raised me.


      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

      Known players:
      BB:
      $5.72
      MP1:
      $3.29
      MP2:
      $4.03
      MP3:
      $5.12
      CO:
      $1.69
      BU:
      $4.14
      SB (Hero):
      $1.57


      Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.12, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.36, BB raises to $0.88, CO calls $0.76, Hero folds.

      Flop: ($2.12) 6, Q, J (2 players)
      BB bets $1.06, CO calls $0.81.

      Turn: ($3.99) A (2 players)


      River: ($3.99) 5 (2 players)


      Final Pot: $3.99.
      Results follow:

      BB shows a pair of aces(A K).
      CO shows a pair of aces(A T).

      BB wins with a pair of aces(A K).
  • 5 replies
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.11.2010 Posts: 125
      another situation in the SB I have QQ. This hand is moments after my previous post of AKs in the SB. MP 23/17 stats 4BetPF and with 23bb left I shove here instead of 3bet resteal as I felt I'd be pot committed should we see a flop. Just an unfortunate turn of events he actually shows AA. Thinking back should I have at least saved my stack and just 3bet/fold as an option, but sss chart says if reraised to shove so either way laying QQ is not something I'm doing anyhow in this situation as a SS. Just wanted to get some feed back.

      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

      Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $0.94
      BB:
      $1.00
      UTG1:
      $3.74
      UTG2:
      $3.50
      MP1:
      $5.18
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $6.56
      CO:
      $5.26
      BU:
      $1.82


      Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.94, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.78.

      Flop: ($1.92) 9, 7, T (2 players)


      Turn: ($1.92) A (2 players)


      River: ($1.92) 4 (2 players)


      Final Pot: $1.92.
      Results follow:

      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, aces(A A).

      MP3 wins with three of a kind, aces(A A).
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.11.2010 Posts: 125
      last one for today as i've gotta run off to work. I do appreciate any feed back by PS members. Its something I've never done in the past and if I want to become a better player I should start taking advantage of the forums and the advice from everyone in doing so. So many thanks in advance.

      I'm AJo in SB. Std 4+1 bet PF and I get both callers. The flop is not the greatest for me, and given MP folds 77% flop I throw out just over min bet and BB calls. I'm lost now and decided to follow up and shove as the board pairs 9's to represent 2 pairs or even a set from my pos. Unfornate he shows Q9o. Ck/fold turn should have been the move but I'll be honest I was lost and for some reason I had in my head KT+ maybe gut shot but I was wrong.

      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

      Known players:
      BU:
      $12.20
      SB (Hero):
      $3.29
      BB:
      $11.24
      MP3:
      $10.26
      CO:
      $7.05


      Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

      Flop: ($1.5) 3, 9, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, BB calls $0.85, CO folds.

      Turn: ($3.2) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.94, BB calls $1.94.

      River: ($7.08) T (2 players)


      Final Pot: $7.08.

      Results follow:

      Hero shows a pair of nines(A J).
      BB shows three of a kind, nines(Q 9).

      BB wins with three of a kind, nines(Q 9).
    • ESFX2000
      ESFX2000
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.05.2010 Posts: 5,223
      Originally posted by sokoi
      I found my situation in SB w/ AKs BB is 17/13 CO 22/17/47( 29% CO steal)
      I 3bet the CO as BB tends to fold his BB to steal 88% of time. At the time it seemed like the best fold given the BB actually min raised me.


      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

      Known players:
      BB:
      $5.72
      MP1:
      $3.29
      MP2:
      $4.03
      MP3:
      $5.12
      CO:
      $1.69
      BU:
      $4.14
      SB (Hero):
      $1.57


      Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.12, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.36, BB raises to $0.88, CO calls $0.76, Hero folds.

      Flop: ($2.12) 6, Q, J (2 players)
      BB bets $1.06, CO calls $0.81.

      Turn: ($3.99) A (2 players)


      River: ($3.99) 5 (2 players)


      Final Pot: $3.99.
      Results follow:

      BB shows a pair of aces(A K).
      CO shows a pair of aces(A T).

      BB wins with a pair of aces(A K).
      Why you don't post here? : http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436


      When you 3bet with AKs you can't fold much, except if the villain is nit and 3bets less than 3% of the range. You can know this by calculating your break even equity.
    • ESFX2000
      ESFX2000
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.05.2010 Posts: 5,223
      Originally posted by sokoi
      another situation in the SB I have QQ. This hand is moments after my previous post of AKs in the SB. MP 23/17 stats 4BetPF and with 23bb left I shove here instead of 3bet resteal as I felt I'd be pot committed should we see a flop. Just an unfortunate turn of events he actually shows AA. Thinking back should I have at least saved my stack and just 3bet/fold as an option, but sss chart says if reraised to shove so either way laying QQ is not something I'm doing anyhow in this situation as a SS. Just wanted to get some feed back.

      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

      Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $0.94
      BB:
      $1.00
      UTG1:
      $3.74
      UTG2:
      $3.50
      MP1:
      $5.18
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $6.56
      CO:
      $5.26
      BU:
      $1.82


      Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.94, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.78.

      Flop: ($1.92) 9, 7, T (2 players)


      Turn: ($1.92) A (2 players)


      River: ($1.92) 4 (2 players)


      Final Pot: $1.92.
      Results follow:

      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, aces(A A).

      MP3 wins with three of a kind, aces(A A).
      You can't think in the final result as if you should fold or not. QQ with 23 bb is nuts :D You should 3bet 3 times the initial raise, but since you're 3beting more than half of your stack you should go all in.
    • ESFX2000
      ESFX2000
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.05.2010 Posts: 5,223
      Originally posted by sokoi
      last one for today as i've gotta run off to work. I do appreciate any feed back by PS members. Its something I've never done in the past and if I want to become a better player I should start taking advantage of the forums and the advice from everyone in doing so. So many thanks in advance.

      I'm AJo in SB. Std 4+1 bet PF and I get both callers. The flop is not the greatest for me, and given MP folds 77% flop I throw out just over min bet and BB calls. I'm lost now and decided to follow up and shove as the board pairs 9's to represent 2 pairs or even a set from my pos. Unfornate he shows Q9o. Ck/fold turn should have been the move but I'll be honest I was lost and for some reason I had in my head KT+ maybe gut shot but I was wrong.

      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

      Play hand

      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

      Known players:
      BU:
      $12.20
      SB (Hero):
      $3.29
      BB:
      $11.24
      MP3:
      $10.26
      CO:
      $7.05


      Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

      Flop: ($1.5) 3, 9, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, BB calls $0.85, CO folds.

      Turn: ($3.2) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.94, BB calls $1.94.

      River: ($7.08) T (2 players)


      Final Pot: $7.08.

      Results follow:

      Hero shows a pair of nines(A J).
      BB shows three of a kind, nines(Q 9).

      BB wins with three of a kind, nines(Q 9).
      To start, the std raise in mss is 3bb+1 per limper. Cbet is fine, but you should check/fold on turn, they can have flush draw or straight draw, but the times they got something you'll be losing a lot of money with bluff. So it's good to play std in micros.