[NL2-NL10] NL10/FR Response To Reraise Preflop

• DaPhunk
      I decided to post a hand where i think i was feeling indesicive.

My Stack is $1.60 Re-Raiser is BigStack($12.3)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , J:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.70, 5 folds.

Final Pot: $1.25

Whilst playing this hand, i had already made a mistake betting according to the SHC due to the fact that i was in MP1. Thinking i was CO for some reason i posted a bet.

Now, given that i was in on the hand, what am i to do when MP3 Raises to $0.7. The Ratio between my remaining Chipstack to my original Raise is $1.2:$0.4 = 3 : 1 Which according to SSS i should fold.

Would this be correct (to fold), despite my earlier mistake or may i have had the option to call this raise?
  • 5 replies
    • midgetjay
      Yea, it was correct to fold. Never coldcall a re-raise while playing SSS, it's either all-in or fold (based on what the SSS tells you). Now if your stack had been less than $1.00, it would've been correct to just push, but it wasn't, and so you made the right move by laying it down.
    • Gerv
      You did OK, making 2 mistakes in 1 game is not really good for your motivation ;)

Did you rebuyed to 20BB after this game?
    • DeKuip
      Fold preflop and fold after his reraise on the flop.
    • DaPhunk
      Cheers guys, yeah i rebough to 20BB after this round. If i remember correctly i managed to walk out of this with a $4.50 pot at the end of this thanks mostly to the same guy :)
      Hey DaPhunk,

you can easily fold AJ hand preflop from middle position. It's a raise only from the late ones, remember?

Anyway, if you were at CO or BU, raised and got 3beted by BU or blinds, it's still a fold. Such a minraise often indicates strong hands (he *wants* you to call). And AJ is simply not enough.

See you around!