This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10/FR Response To Reraise Preflop

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I decided to post a hand where i think i was feeling indesicive.

My Stack is $1.60 Re-Raiser is BigStack($12.3)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , J:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.70, 5 folds.

Final Pot: $1.25

Whilst playing this hand, i had already made a mistake betting according to the SHC due to the fact that i was in MP1. Thinking i was CO for some reason i posted a bet.

Now, given that i was in on the hand, what am i to do when MP3 Raises to $0.7. The Ratio between my remaining Chipstack to my original Raise is $1.2:$0.4 = 3 : 1 Which according to SSS i should fold.

Would this be correct (to fold), despite my earlier mistake or may i have had the option to call this raise?
  • 5 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Yea, it was correct to fold. Never coldcall a re-raise while playing SSS, it's either all-in or fold (based on what the SSS tells you). Now if your stack had been less than $1.00, it would've been correct to just push, but it wasn't, and so you made the right move by laying it down.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You did OK, making 2 mistakes in 1 game is not really good for your motivation ;)

Did you rebuyed to 20BB after this game?
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Fold preflop and fold after his reraise on the flop.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Cheers guys, yeah i rebough to 20BB after this round. If i remember correctly i managed to walk out of this with a $4.50 pot at the end of this thanks mostly to the same guy :)
      Bronze
      Hey DaPhunk,

you can easily fold AJ hand preflop from middle position. It's a raise only from the late ones, remember?

Anyway, if you were at CO or BU, raised and got 3beted by BU or blinds, it's still a fold. Such a minraise often indicates strong hands (he *wants* you to call). And AJ is simply not enough.

See you around!