• AshB666
      Hi i'm ash 21 years old from the UK! I have been playing online for a couple of years with not very much sucess! I recently had a backer in the USA from which i turned $75 into $200 in just under 3 weeks! I currently manage an office but would eventually like to build a substantial role and turn pro i know the work it takes and am prepared to lsten and learn.
  • 3 replies
    • AshB666
      Q1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      My motivation for playing poker is simple, to earn money. I want to become a pro and leave my boring office job.

Q2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Tilt sometimes i can go from 200% profit in a cash game to losing 3/4 buy ins very quickly because i tilt. I have got better at his although it occasionally still happens.

Q3: What does it mean to play tight aggresive?
      Tight aggresive is playing a small range of hands pre flop but playing them very agressively after the flop to gain maximum value from the hand.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Welcome to the course Ash, I hope it helps you as much as it did me!

You also need to keep all of your Course Homework, Materials and Questions within this thread so I have removed the other thread with your homework in, but it seems you realised afterwords and posted in here also :)

If you have any questions about the Course or PokerStrategy in general you can post them in here and we'll get back to you, or you can post in our Beginners Questions Forum.

Best of luck on the Course and Welcome to PokerStrategy!
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

What about analyzing hands? How often do you analyze your session?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.