[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 AKo vs shove on paired flop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $87.23 (174.5 bb)
      MP: $27.54 (55.1 bb)
      CO: $73.17 (146.3 bb)
      BTN: $12.94 (25.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $92.64 (185.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $2, BTN folds, Hero raises to $6.50, 2 folds, CO calls $4.50

Flop: ($14) 8 6 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.25, CO raises to $66.67 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $28.50 pot ($1.42 rake)
      Final Board: 8 6 6
      CO mucked and won $27.08 ($13.33 net)
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$13.75 net)

No sample, looked reggish, tempted to call?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Not really, I don't really see why we should be calling without information. The guy could easily play this way as well JJ/QQ, cause they are just capable of doing it. :D

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Why barrelF+T > Ch/f flop in this hand? You don't see many PP's in his range? Or is barreling just super +ev here since he will always fold +- his whole range after 2/3 barrels?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Why barrelF+T > Ch/f flop in this hand? You don't see many PP's in his range? Or is barreling just super +ev here since he will always fold +- his whole range after 2/3 barrels?
      Well, why not? :) His calling range can easily be pretty wide there + we have enough of fold equity.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Not really, I don't really see why we should be calling without information. The guy could easily play this way as well JJ/QQ, cause they are just capable of doing it. :D

Best Regards.
      JJ/QQ this way, I just don't get it :facepalm: .

I am not getting much info so I have to get used to making decision on what I think most opponents would do in this case.

Do you think raising AI here is a good option against regs to induce light calls?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Best Regards.
      JJ/QQ this way, I just don't get it :facepalm: .

I am not getting much info so I have to get used to making decision on what I think most opponents would do in this case.

Do you think raising AI here is a good option against regs to induce light calls?
      With some dynamics we may consider doing that but I wouldn't recommend pick such plays on anon. tables, not the best choice to do that there cause people still play very often straight forward there. You must take it this way also that you wont have pure bluffs here that often to play it this way.