[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 AJ fh on the river vs half pot bet

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $38.92 (77.8 bb)
      BB: $123.26 (246.5 bb)
      UTG: $67.70 (135.4 bb)
      MP: $25.42 (50.8 bb)
      CO: $63.77 (127.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J A
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $6.25, CO calls $4.75, Hero calls $4.75

Flop: ($19) 9 A J (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $8, BB calls $8, CO folds

Turn: ($35) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($35) J (2 players)
      BB bets $17.50, Hero calls $17.50

In the hand I thought that AK is in his range, but I think this is not the case since I expect to cbet that.

And if AK is not in his range I think the only hand left is KK.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Once again I don't like the Call vs the squeeze, if you assume he is loose then 4bet it instead cause CO could easily be weak here. Your hand is hardly dominated.

As played
      Postflop: Why wouldn't AK Check/Call the flop? There are plenty of them but if the guy is willing to pay with them? That you have to answer yourself, I don't really know the guy. If he is rather reggish then of course he ain't calling with a lot worse there even not with AK.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Once again I don't like the Call vs the squeeze, if you assume he is loose then 4bet it instead cause CO could easily be weak here. Your hand is hardly dominated.

As played
      Postflop: Why wouldn't AK Check/Call the flop? There are plenty of them but if the guy is willing to pay with them? That you have to answer yourself, I don't really know the guy. If he is rather reggish then of course he ain't calling with a lot worse there even not with AK.

Best Regards.
      Don't you think a reg would auto-cbet in this spot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

As played

Best Regards.
      Don't you think a reg would auto-cbet in this spot?
      You are getting called from very capped range there, nor many draws around which means we are targeting only AQ hands, though we might value-town vs better as JJ/AJ or whatsoever maybe even 99. I'd also take pot control and reevaluate my hand on the turn.