This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR50 ZOOM QQ awkward spot

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $54.48
      SB: $77.48
      BB: $46.00
      UTG: $25.41
      UTG+1: $14.95
      UTG+2: $86.67
      MP: $51.00
      Hero (MP+1): $52.45
      CO: $53.34

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $4.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $13.37, CO calls $13.37, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to $14.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.58, CO calls $1.58

read on utg: does this with less than KK+ :P
      i wanted to ship it vs him but i also have some terribad players behind, this caller is 38/13/9h

feel that preflop was suboptimal, maybe could min3bet? :D
      i don't want to just flat and give a free ride for overs vs his stack, maybe some of the loose guys behind could also come with a lot of speculative holdings (would that be a good thing?)

Flop: ($45.60, 3 players) 4:spade: 3:club: 2:club:
      Hero...?

how much credit should i give to CO? i give him AA-TT, AK, maybe other random (suited) broadways or pairs so tending towards a ship it?
      i'd guess he never folding an overpair :D
  • 4 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Silver
      Like you said it depends on who's left to act. If there are people behind that are likely to squeeze I would flat and ship over the top if they do. I probably just put him all in pre as I don't think he will ever fold.

Flop v CO I guess you just have to ship.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      not aggro guys, just typical passive fish. and even aggro guys probably will not make a move vs that open sizing

QQ is not a super bad hand to play multiway with fish in an awkward sized pot but what i was thinking was mostly about ending it vs utg right there :facepalm: maybe could min3bet, he's def shipping over :D
      i was not expecting anyone to call but oops, these people always surprise us :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: I'd once again put UTG1 all-in here. I assume that you can't shove here cause it's capped cause of the small raise (all-in).
      Postflop: Assuming that CO (decent player) flatting range is very often going to be a trap I'd rather just Check it and reevaluate further actions. You have just 9 hands on him so you don't really know how he actually plays.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      maybe i should also have added that he was marked as understacked. :P

i shipped because i had no idea what was going on and he snapped me with JJ. such a mess :f_biggrin:

UTG had AKo which quite makes sense :D