[NL20-NL50] 25NL - overpair in 3b pot

• overlordcro
      hi there forum

villain is 34/24 with SB open 16% over 84 hands (fold to 3b is 50% 2/4, fold co CB is 0 (0/6)), so not really big enough sample, and i don't have any read about his postflop tendencies, so we'll need to rely on some basic logic here

i mean this is really standard spot, but i am wondering are you calling this of versus this kind of player without any direct history?

he is repping really narrow range, 33 66 8x and FD with overs? maybe badly played JJ

i can't really fold ott, and after river practically bricks out i think it's a no brainer, but maybe i have too much trouble not trusting people

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $23.64 (94.6 bb)
      CO: $29.57 (118.3 bb)
      BTN: $24.65 (98.6 bb)
      SB: $50.66 (202.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $31.74 (127 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.75

Flop: ($5) 3 8 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($10) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.25, SB raises to $10.75, Hero calls $5.50

River: ($31.50) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $34.91 and is all-in, Hero
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      c/minr turn, fuuuuuuuu
      i think i'm folding, fine he reps narrow but what could he be turning into a bluff there, also he totally looks the type to call pre with some random 87s

think best value line though is to bet flop and turn bigger and reevaluate from there
    • veriz
      Hello overlordcro,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I moved your hand to the correct section, next time you do want to post hands then post them here: link.

Against the Check/Raise on the turn and being in 3bet pot rather fold the hand, we can't be even sure how often the guy is bluffing there and nor of course he isn't raising with a lot worse hands.

If we calling the turn then you can't really hope that he drops down his aggression, although I'd say that we should have folded already on the turn cause we are more likely beat there.

Best Regards.