Equilab command line version

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hello,

I was writing to the PS support, but they said to ask there.

We are searching to buy a comand line version of equity tool like equilab. We are making web (PHP) application so we need that it would be possible integrate into that.

Maybe is pokerstrategy planning on making cmd version of equilab?

It would be take much time we thing to make our own equity tool - to analyze how monte carlo works, plus we can make bugs.
  • 5 replies
    • ptdat
      ptdat
      Bronze
      basically you should use flash type file (swf) to store your desire IMO :f_love:
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I don't know much about flash but its only client side as I know. We need this on the server side.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Well, if you use the poker-eval library, you'll be able to calculate the equity. You still have to make the user interface, of course, to insert top X% or hands, for instance. But it isn't very hard, I know only a little bit of programming and I was able to do almost everything I wanted to do with this library in about a week. I hope it helps
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      thanks JLeitmotiv. So if I want to run it on web app, I would need to make it on C, and then execute the execuytable file from PHP.

I found similar thing also - its poker-sleuth

http://pokersleuth.com/programmable-poker-calculator.shtml

We now just run python srcript from PHP and we have the results :)

it was not that easy to find actually. My collegue who is not interested in poker was wondering that it was so hard when poker is so popular.

The only problem with this pokersleyth, is that it can only run on windows, but we want linux, so maybe we will consider this poker-eval.

Also there is pokerstove cmd version, but it costs 300$, it will work on linux as they said, so we are also thinking about this.
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      I think that spending $300 on it is an overkill. As I said, I am not a computer expert, and I think it's quite easy to use poker-eval. It already has already been ported to python, in linux you can find the library python-pypoker-eval (EDIT: in Debian, I don't know the name of the package in other distributions). It is really user friendly. I think you should take a look at it, it will prolly save you those $300. With the obvious advantage of having the source code!