[NL20-NL50] 25NL - KQ in 4b pot

• overlordcro
      overlordcro
      Bronze
      this was start of the session, and i didn't have much info on the player except he seemed pretty laggy at the time he was playing like 30/26 with 10% 3b over 50 hands or so, later it turned out he's 25/18/7.8 3b

i 4b pre mainly since i want to discourage him from 3betting me in position during whole session. i do this with hands like this, since it takes out some of his value combos and flops pretty good, even though i didn't expect to get called here tho

i was really confused here, just couldn't determine his range for this river bet

i cbet my normal size, tho maybe bit on the bigger side in 4b pot, but since it's draw heavy i went a bit bigger and his call pre and call flop should mean he has something like: 88 99 TT JJ Tx AQ

i think he is going to raise all his flush draws and slowplayed overpairs since it's drawheavy board and really no point in further slowplaying

so after turn goes ch/ch i was pretty confident my hand is good here, since he would bet KK AA AQ, TT is not very likely, so his range should be 88 99 JJ QJ KQ?

and his river bet was pretty lolwtf? since he almost never has that A and he's betting, and i just can't see him betting with any pair lower than Q for value, and i really don't know why is he betting since i will have that Ace almost always

do u call here?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $25.97 (103.9 bb)
      SB: $64.06 (256.2 bb)
      BB: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
      MP: $35.36 (141.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $39.98 (159.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q K
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN raises to $2.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $2.70

Flop: ($10.35) T 5 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($18.35) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($18.35) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11.50, Hero
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello overlordcro,

Preflop: 4bet size should be a bit bigger 2,5x instead so small.
      Postflop: Nope, we can't really Call the river if we played it this way, he will have enough of those hands which may even try to Call for the GS or whatsoever float. Though you should Bet the flop bigger, why do you Bet it so small if to Bet it at all cause we don't get called from a lot worse hands unless he calls loose?

Best Regards.