[NL20-NL50] Nl25Shz - Qq

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $13.59 (54.4 bb)
      SB: $40.62 (162.5 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $45.14 (180.6 bb)
      MP: $13.43 (53.7 bb)
      CO: $40.47 (161.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP folds, CO raises to $2.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) J:club: T:spade: 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($11.35) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($11.35) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50,

Villain: 22/17 3bet: 5.7 (4.5 from CO) 12k hands

I can't get it in pre against this opp, as we're like 175BB deep and have no real dynamic.

as played, should I have raised at any stage? I think I would just value own myself if I did, the few combos of his that I beat pre-flop should be JJ,TT, the rest have me beaten if you don't count AK.

He checks behind on turn which would point to the fact that he probably doesn't have JJ,TT - So I decide to bet/fold (what can I get value from here if anything?)

I would by replaying this hand correct my size to 7$ so that it doesn't look too weak and it could bluff induce as I would have to fold.

But, perhaps given his narrow range I should've just check/folded - although that might let him get away with bluffs consisting of AK and few others if he would take my weakness as bluff inducing and decide to bet against my check on river. But then again, I don't see him ever calling my bet/fold with anything worse than what I have unless he has AJ in his range (which is not entirely impossible but quite unlikely)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

That's the problem on the river that your size is super-weak there which he may smell and easily just raise it up. Therefore I'd instead use a $7 as you mentioned or even Check/Fold, his range is pretty narrow overall and not that many worse will pay you.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think he never CB with air here... So JJ+ or something like QK. I think we don't do really good vs this range? Ch/f?

agree with ch/f river. +- nothing worse calls anyways. he can check behind AA/KK ott
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I think he never CB with air here... So JJ+ or something like QK. I think we don't do really good vs this range? Ch/f?

agree with ch/f river. +- nothing worse calls anyways. he can check behind AA/KK ott
      Quite obvious that you are putting the opponent on only nuts, we can't just Check/Fold the flop whilst we also even have OESD which may work out. Not to talk about being ahead vs something like AJ/KJ/AK or whatsoever hands he could be 3betting against us.