Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1871582
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $10.53 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 57711
      BB: $7.15 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 18, 3B: 33, AF: 0,0, Hands: 17
      CO: $13.11 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 43
      BTN: $6.46 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 31, 3B: 9, AF: 3,1, Hands: 189

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with J :heart: J :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.00) 6 :spade: 8 :club: K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.90, BB folds

Not sure what to do on the flop. I am sort of willing to go broke but if I push myself I am not too sure many worse hands can call. Not that sure bluff inducing makes sense either since he can easily check behind and catch his overcard.
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

His stats are a little too loose that I would c/f, so to get maximum value out of his air I like your c/rai line

best regards,
      Bronze
      Veriz, do you agree? The play simply looks a bit unorthodox and still risky.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

What's the purpose of the Check/Raise? Do you ever see him bluffing later on? Cause practically Check/Raising in those spots is better cause we also protect from overcards + avoid him Checking behind. But you also must get the purpose of it.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I don't really see him continuing with his bluffs after I check/call the flop but neither am I sure that he is bluff-happy with his overcards once I check on the flop so check/raising has its disadvantages - the opponent can still be capable of checking behind with his Ax that can very often hit on the turn. Besides it is also difficult to find a good turn line if villain indeed checks behind, because it is sort of difficult to decide – do I keep inducing or do I push now?

So, I see the purpose of check/raising but I am not sure that it is always safe since it depends on the villain. So I basically have to ask you – on average, would you recommend check/raising in such spots for bluff induce + protection or would you just protect directly by pushing?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I don't really see him continuing with his bluffs after I check/call the flop but neither am I sure that he is bluff-happy with his overcards once I check on the flop so check/raising has its disadvantages - the opponent can still be capable of checking behind with his Ax that can very often hit on the turn. Besides it is also difficult to find a good turn line if villain indeed checks behind, because it is sort of difficult to decide – do I keep inducing or do I push now?

So, I see the purpose of check/raising but I am not sure that it is always safe since it depends on the villain. So I basically have to ask you – on average, would you recommend check/raising in such spots for bluff induce + protection or would you just protect directly by pushing?
      Directly pushing wouldn't make sense, you are getting called mainly by stronger hands. Therefore Check/Shove is better and let him try to bluff vs you.
      Bronze
      If I check and he checks behind and a blank card comes what is the best line on the turn? Bet for protection vs overcards? Or do we still check and hope to induce?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      If I check and he checks behind and a blank card comes what is the best line on the turn? Bet for protection vs overcards? Or do we still check and hope to induce?
      Rather let him try to bluff against you, doubt that he is going to pay you with a lot worse hands on the turn.