This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Set what to do? river.

• Camae
      Camae
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $5,39
      MP1:
      $11,18
      SB:
      $4,10
      BB:
      $5,48
      BU:
      $3,10
      CO:
      $3,12
      UTG:
      $1,76
      MP3:
      $5,55
      MP2:
      $1,96
      UTG+1:
      $4,90

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6:heart: , 6:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0,04, 3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU folds, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,16) K:spade: , 6:club: , Q:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,20, BB folds, Hero raises to $0,60, CO folds, SB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,36) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,36) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,84, Hero raises to $2,00, SB calls $1,16.

Final Pot: $5,36

Is it wrong to raise the river here? didnt put him on a flush when he checked the turn.
  • 4 replies
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I'd bet the turn. If he shoves you might fold. Not sure if a call would be ok in that situation for your outs for the full house.
      As played i only call the river, cause the 2 normally blanks and his bet is a little bit strange. If he had King high, he probably would fold to a reraise, so a call is better in that situation imo.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      A check on the turn with a flush is standard since they would want to shove river hoping you would hit a hand by river.... so bet the turn too since you planned to raise the river anyways.

Bet turn.... and folding to a shove is something I am not sure about since it is low stakes.
    • Camae
      Camae
      Bronze
      Didnt put him on a flush draw , because he made an over bet on the flop , looked to me as protection agains a flush draw, put him on a K maybe 2 pair, he's check on the turn looked like KQ scared of a flush, so i checked didnt want to scare him off. Thats why i played it like that might have been a mistake.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet/call turn and shove river.
      He might shove with worse hands+ against flush you have 10 outs.
      I think that river raise is fine, but if he is going to call 2$ re-raise then he´d also call shove. So I´d just shove if you decided to re-raise river.