[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: 99 dealing with minraises

• timukasr
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.25) Q:heart: , 7:club: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, BU raises to $4.40, Hero raises to $6.60, BU calls $2.20.

Turn: ($16.45) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8, Hero raises to $16.00, BU raises to $16.30 (All-In), Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($49.05) T:spade:

Final Pot: $49.05

The problem was that I had previously 4 times min raised on flop (not in this table but in 4 diffrent tables, those minraises just make you angry). I don't know what to do with those minraises it can mean strength (like here where opponent had AA) or it can be weakness/bluff (like one opponent was trying to bluff me in one of the played hands in my session today). So what I started to do (and which is probably quite wrong :D ): I started to fight fire with fire, if they minraised me, I minraised them. The feedback was, that minraise shows rather strength because every hand opponents were pushing to my min-minraise and showed overpair etc. In this particular hand villain was holding KK (whata dumbass but still a sign of strength).
  • 1 reply