[NL2-NL10] Facing river raise

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP): $5.14 (102.8 bb) 21/17/12.0/0.0/20/50
      CO: $5 (100 bb) 15/8/2.2/3.0/16/289
      BTN: $4.20 (84 bb)
      SB: $1.52 (30.4 bb)
      BB: $7.41 (148.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 4 J 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.77) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO raises to $1.93, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Easy fold, he will never do this with worse and I doubt he is good enough to turn his hand into a bluff here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Just CB & done doesn't work that great and you will be exploitable. Then rather just Check/Fold the flop. But otherwise bet the river smaller cause you are betting for thin value and Bet/Fold it of course.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I C-Bet the flop cause it hits my perceived range, AJ,KJ,QJ, JJ+ and the flop is rather dry which is also why I bet a small size on the flop. Would you recommend C-Betting the turn also then if I bet the flop.

I didn't C-Bet the turn because anything that called the flop would call the turn besides my equity didn't improve neither did my fold equity change.

Wouldn't check/folding be too weak on this board?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I C-Bet the flop cause it hits my perceived range, AJ,KJ,QJ, JJ+ and the flop is rather dry which is also why I bet a small size on the flop. Would you recommend C-Betting the turn also then if I bet the flop.

I didn't C-Bet the turn because anything that called the flop would call the turn besides my equity didn't improve neither did my fold equity change.

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari

Why would it be too weak? You are rather having a leak with such a plan to Check/Fold the turn. You are wasting money here more often whilst you pick such a line than you would do that with just Check/Folding the flop.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok, thanks for pointing it out. I'll take care of it in future.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok, thanks for pointing it out. I'll take care of it in future.
      No problem just take yourself as villain and what would you do against an opponent who CBs a lot on the flop but turn has rather low CB. ;)