Life is a Game: Doing Fine Poker Wise

• VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      NOTE: I'll leave this OP unfinished and post it as it is. I got tons of stuff to write into each spoiler so people who are interested in some of the stuff get all the info they need about the subject. I think it looks better with spoilers... might remove them later if I manage to make everything look good and in order.
      NOTE 2: There is tons of helpful materials to be added. The most useful ones, so you don't have to go through 10 books and waste your time.

This blog will be about poker and many other things. It will be my progress tracker, my motivator... notepad for my thoughts, notes, jewels that I've learnt...

For far too long was I living my live asleep. I was doing what society told me to. We all do. It tells us what is right and wrong, so we don't have to think... right? So we don't have to question things and explore.
      I used to care what other people thought of me. I did what the society though was right, what they expected me to do... now I don't care anymore. I'm going to do what I like, what I want.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
      "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Notion of death brought me sadness before... depression, if you will. I'm an atheist, so you can imagine what it felt like. I lived my life as a lifeless drone. No motivation, no discipline... because it's all senseless. It's all a waste of time, right?
      It might be... but now I'm looking at life as a game to be played. I want to learn new things, explore, do stuff... Because? Because... why not?
      If it seems fun at the moment, I'll do it. If it seems useful, I'll do it.

"Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." - Christopher Hitchens

"Isn't it sad to go to your grave without ever wondering why you were born? Who, with such a thought, would not spring from bed, eager to resume discovering the world and rejoicing to be part of it?" - Richard Dawkins

Now, a little something about myself:
      :diamond: I'm 25 yo.
      :diamond: I'm honest to the core. That honesty, I must admit, chased away many people around me, but I realized that only great people stayed in my presence. People who can take a criticism... who take it and question it, question themselves. People who are willing to improve, who can admit they are wrong. And those are the only people I want around me.
      NOTE: I never insult people, I only criticize. EXAMPLE: If I tell someone he is fat that's not an insult... that's the truth.
      :diamond: I like people to be honest towards me. I don't take offence in criticism like most people do. I want to question myself and if you help me do it, then kudos to you... you are a friend worth having.
      :diamond: I love psychology. I want to know why people do things. Why they act the way they do. This is fascinating to me and it's the thing I'll be exploring until I get it right or until I die.
      :diamond: I'm open minded. I don't judge anyone. I understand everyone... even rapists, murderers, cannibals etc. From physiological and psychological point of view.
      :diamond: I'm persistent.

My poker career: Started 4.5 years ago. First 3 was break even, next 1.5 was winning decently. Took a break for the last 3 months and now decided to come back.
      Poker will only be a part of this blog. For me, It's a tool which will allow me to do whatever comes to my mind.
      It's a perfect "job". To get to choose the working hours, when I'll go to a vacation. I don't feel like playing...day off! Perfect.

This blog will mainly be about my other interests. I'll try to order them as neatly as possible.

PICK-UP

This is my main interest. My main focus. Also many of the stuff I do in this area, spill over into every other area of my life.
      Communication with girls spills over into general communication.
      Looks spills over into health, fitness...
      Charisma influences everyone...helps in business situations, making friends etc etc.

There are 4 areas in pick up that I'll be improving in, those being:

Looks

Many people from the pick-up community won't admit that looks matter. "Girls are attracted to your charisma and personality", they say. While this is true, they also respond heavily to man's looks.
      Good looking man breaths more confidence and charisma, for starters. Secondly, it conveys status. He draws more attention, and that alone makes women want him even more... because he gets more attractive if women see he is wanted by other women.

I know from my personal experience, since going to the gym and getting into shape I'm getting much more Indicators of Interest... they want me and that fact alone makes the approach and the whole process that much easier.

Gym

Currently I got 82 kg (180 pounds) with 16% Body Fat.
      My ultimate goal would be 90 kg (198 pounds) with 10% Body Fat.
      It all depends if I'm satisfied or not at that point, so I might go further.

Physical Goal: Lift Weights 4 times a week. Ride a bike 3 times a week.
      Nutritional Goal: Ingest an appropriate amount of calories, proteins and water. This will be updated.
      Rest Goal: Sleep at least 8 hours a day.

Posture

I got this pretty much right as it it, only maybe a couple of minor things.

The thing that irritates me the most is my neck which is a bit bent to the front. Since I built up my muscles a bit in the last couple of years (especially back muscles), it kind of blends with my body and is less noticeable but it still irritates me when I'm sort of hunched a bit. This is also, according to the doctor, cause for my occasional face numbness and dizziness because of obstructed blood flow or something... so it's kind of a health hazard.
      The cause for this is the pillow and the fact that I slept on back my whole life until the past 2-3 years.

The way I'll fix this is simply to sleep without a pillow on my back and to try keep the neck position straight-ish during the day. I've been doing this for 2 days and I can already see huge improvement... why the hell didn't I do this before?

Goal 1: Sleep without a pillow on my back during the night. Keep the neck straight during the day.
      Goal 2: Walk with legs more apart.
      Goal 3: Move sloooooower, smoooother.

Body Language

Work in progress...

Style

Never really had much thought about this really, but it's really important. It conveys status, it conveys power.
      Goal 1: Read a decent book on style.
      Goal 2: Experiment and find out what suits me best.
      Goal 3: Find some accessories that fit with my wardrobe (necklaces, rings...).

Grooming

There are no particular goals in here except to shave my head/beard/pubes/torso/armpits regularly.

Scent

The thing about this is, that women have much stronger sense of smell then men. Also they can smell your genes... literally! Based on the smell of your sweat, they can decide whether you're attractive or not...
      Goal 1: Shower, damn it! Every day! Old sweat is not attractive.
      Goal 2: Maybe get a decent cologne? I'm using Paco Rabanne BlackXS, but I'm not sure if it masks the natural scent the man exudes. The thing that attract girls. Although I've been told numerous times by girls that I smell nice... I will have to do some more research on this.

Other

Future Goal 1: Big ass colorful tattoo which tells a story of my life... in symbolism/metaphors. It will have to be well thought out so I plan to do it somewhere around summer 2013.
      Future Goal 2: Nipple piercings planned for spring 2013.

X-Factor

Charisma

Work in progress...

Personality

Work in progress...

Kino

Work in progress...

Speech

I mumble a bit which is caused by talking too fast. I only noticed it around a year ago when I recorded myself to see how I sound. I could barely understand myself, and I admire people who conversed with me all this time... I guess people get used to it.

So the cause for it is that I don't really bother to pronounce every sound of the word... I kind of fly over a sound here or there and it ends up messy. Also, talking about 50% faster then I should. So I decided to take care of this the same way I corrected my extreme stuttering from when I was little.

The way I'll do this, is to read the whole Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky with the wooden spoon in my mouth, talking slowly so I say every single sound and open my mouth wider. I don't plan on going overboard with this so I suspect it will take me around 4 months to finish the book.

Goal 1: Read 5 pages every day.
      Goal 2: Practice clear talking in everyday life.

Sex

Penis Size

Brief History: Around 3 years ago I got a membership for MassiveMember.com having blind faith in this sort of stuff. I did the exercises 5 times a week for 20 mins daily, and in 4 months I gained 3 cm (1.2 in). THIS STUFF WORKS!

Now, there are a lot of free stuff on the internet and I would recommend the biggest forum of it's kind: PEGym. It got exercises, success stories etc.

Goal 1: Reach 20 cm (8 in) by the new year. Same routine, 5 times a week for 20 mins a day.
      Future Goal: After reaching wanted length, continue doing girth exercises indefinitely.

Endurance

As I've been told, you can last indefinitely without ejaculating. There are two parts to this: physical and mental.

Physical part is accomplished by practicing your PC muscle with PC (Kegel) exercises.
      I still haven't reached those kind of heights but I increased my endurance from 5 to 15 minutes, by doing these exercises for 6-7 months with some big pauses in between. I wasn't really consistent but some results are evident.

Ejaculation also can be delayed by having good control of your emotions, urges etc. As I heard, a praised program for this is Ejaculation by Command by Lloyd Lester. I still haven't watched it so don't take my word for it, but I've been told it does wonders and I'm definitely checking it out.

Physical Goal: Do Kegel's 5 times a week. I'll be doing exercises from AskMen.com for now until I find something better. I'm sure I did some better stuff a year ago.
      Mental Goal: Go through Ejaculation by Command and do the stuff it says in there.

Secret Weapon

Fuck off, it's a SECRET!

MIND HACKING

Lucid Dreaming

Anyone here had a lucid dream? I don't mean the one where you're just aware that you're dreaming but couldn't do anything to change what happens. I mean the real shit where you can summon anyone you want, change your surroundings, trigger events that you like...

I had it three-four times in my life, by accident, and I felt like "god" for the brief time it lasted. I wish it lasted longer because shortly after realizing what was going on, I woke up.

Also
      "Please note that attempting WILD has a very small chance of causing you to suffer from sleep paralysis, rapid vibrations and noises that don't really exist, floating and other out-of-body experiences, and hypnagogic hallucinations/images, and anxiety. There is no reason to be afraid, as Sleep Paralysis happens every night - you just sleep through it. Hypnagogia is just your mind being overactive. Remember that with lucid dreaming you are aware and can always wake yourself up if you feel overwhelmed."

Are you fucking kidding me? This gets better and better lol

Goal 1: Learn to do this shit... The program I'll check out, that seems to be decent is Lucid Dream Discourses by Stephen Berlin.
      Goal 2: Also, watch Waking Life, a quality movie (as I've been told) about Lucid Dreams. Maybe I get some better idea of the possibilities.

Tricks

It was always a fun notion for me to learn how to do magic tricks and it's fascinating to me how easily manipulated human brain is. Even though most of the tricks are pretty obvious and easy when they are revealed, they still look like pure sorcery to unsuspecting mind.

I'm mainly interested in doing tricks with items I have lying around at my disposal like coins, pieces of clothing, rings etc. so I can do them at any time I please. The notion of extensively preparing for a trick beforehand is kind of repulsive to me... too much effort: "Hey guys, I just happen to have this deck of cards on my hands... pick a card!"

Apart from the mere tricks I'd also like to read about the brain aspect of it... why do these things fool people (I'm not saying these don't fool me... oh contrer...)

Goal 1: For starters learn some coin tricks from Bobo Coin Magic (there are also videos made, from which I'm currently learning). Nothing fancy, just 5-7 tricks... I'm not going to do this for a living... but first I have to choose which ones.
      Goal 2: Find a good book on why this sort of stuff works so well... maybe there could be some other uses for these kind of brain mechanisms.

[x] Phenomenal Memory

I'm terrible at remembering names/dates, and I mean terrible. How terrible?
      Apart from some country known streets, I only know the name of my street and a couple of streets around mine. I can't possibly remember something like that (if they are named after people and not some things like "The Crown Street" or "The Clown Brigade Street") because names are just bunch of random letters to me.

Speaking of names, I need to ask people like 5-6 times before I remember their name. Especially embarrassing is when I go out, meet like a dozen of girls and then all the names mix up and I end up calling them the wrong names. I mean, not that I care but it's affecting my success rate.
      Also, the only telephone number I know is my mobile and home number... even the ambulance and fire department numbers get mixed up. It's a real problem.
      I don't even know the birth dates of my parents. That should say it all.

So there is this memory program called Phenomenal Memory by Ruslan Mescerjakov which I did earlier for the first like 5 out of 60 lessons. It was fun but then, I just didn't have any time to do it. I still don't have time for it, but it will be something to look forward to in the near future.

Some benefits you get with this:

Also with this system you can recite the memorized book BACKWARDS with ease. Not sure what would be the benefit of it, but it sounds like a superpower.
      They seem to have made the 2nd version which is supposedly much better, I think mine was 1st. I just registered and got some 3 Memory games... this should be interesting...

EDIT REGARDING POKER: It just stroke me! My fucking god... I could use this to memorize equities: Mind SnGWizard. I could use this in live poker for a mind HUD, easily having stats pop up for each player... The possibilities...

Goal: Start this course somewhere around January 2013.

[x] Uberman's Sleep Schedule (Two Hours of Sleep)

Background

The Uberman sleep schedule is a method of organizing your sleeping time to maximize your REM sleep and minimize your non-REM sleep.
      In essence, someone utilizing the Uberman sleep schedule is actively modifying their sleeping habits so that they can immediately jump from waking to a few minutes worth of stage 1 sleep straight to stage 5 REM sleep.

It is important to note that there are no studies as to the long-term physical or physiological impact of this sleep cycle, and if this concerns you, I wouldn't attempt the cycle. However, the benefits are fantastic.

The Uberman's Sleep Schedule

Sleeping Hours
      The Uberman's sleep schedule revolves around forcing yourself to rely on six twenty to thirty minute naps spread throughout the day for your daily dose of sleep. I stuck to thirty minute naps, currently having them starting roughly at 2 AM, 6 AM, 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM, and 10 PM every day.

Adjusting To This Schedule
      Adjusting to this schedule (as you might imagine) will make you feel like you've put your body and mind through a blender for a few weeks. Here are some general tips for adjusting that I found to be greatly helpful:

:diamond: Do the adjustment when you are in complete control of your schedule. I converted to the cycle during a three week vacation; it would have been impossible to get through a normal work day while adjusting to this cycle. I was by and large a zombie.
      :diamond: Find a large project to work on while adjusting. If you don't keep busy, you will revert to a normal sleep cycle.
      :diamond: Use physiological "tricks" to teach your body the cycle. I found that using a dawn simulation trick worked nicely. Every time I went to lay down, I set my monitor to wait thirty-two minutes, then begin running a program that had a strobe effect along with some excessively loud music. I also used two alarm clocks, and during the day I would adjust my blinds such that the sun would start shining in my face roughly a half an hour later. These would force me to become somewhat conscious for a while, which was all I needed to keep going.
      :diamond: Days 3 to 10 are the hardest and least productive.
      :diamond: Convert to a more nutritious diet. I've found that drinking a great deal of orange and apple juice makes the Uberman schedule easier to follow, as does eating plenty of vegetables and avoiding fatty foods like the plague.

You will discover that after day ten or so, you will automatically begin waking after about thirty minutes. Quite often, I find that when a dream ends, I just awaken automatically.

Benefits

The obvious first benefit is more free time. I currently clock in between two hours and fifty minutes and three hours and ten minutes of sleep per twenty four hour period. Compared to my previous sleep cycles (roughly nine hours a night), I have an incredible amount of time to do things that I wished I had time to do before I switched.

Although the first benefit is pretty much the only reason you need, I also found that switching to this cycle makes me feel generally healthier. As I noted, I started off this "experiment" by switching to a more healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. After my body finally adjusted to the quick batches of REM (about day eight or nine), I began to feel truly GREAT! I actually feel more energetic at this point than I did before this started.

Drawbacks

One drawback is that I hit a wall if I stay up for more than about five hours without a twenty to thirty minute nap. My concentration and energy seem to vanish in a matter of minutes and I absolutely have to go take a nap. This can create some problems in social situations, but one can somewhat shuffle the naps around to adjust for this.

Another drawback is that my appetite is substantially larger and I will often crave strange things that I don't recall craving in the past.

Other Effects

One particularly noteworthy effect (I consider it a benefit, but others might consider it a drawback) is that all of my dreams are very intense and I find myself remembering them as well, down to minute details.

Conclusion

Uberman's sleep schedule is a potentially dangerous way to increase your waking hours. Although I found success with it to this point, there still may be physical and psychological dangers that I have not yet met, and there may be grave difficulties for others attempting the cycle.

If you didn't do the calculations: For me it's 5 extra hours/day, which adds up to 107 extra days per year. Or 23 years in a lifetime.

OTHER

Martial Arts

I'm still a bit torn apart between Krav Maga and Russian Systema. Both seem great for practical use, have defenses against knifes, pistols... although Krav Maga doesn't have much of a ground combat skills.

Krav Maga:

Russian Systema:

Goal: Decide which one to train.

Traveling

Work in progress...

Singing

Work in progress...

Instrument Playing

I always wanted to play an instrument since I'm so into music. It's a shame I don't have much time for it at the moment. I though the instrument of my choice would be synthesizer because of it's variety of sounds, or an electric guitar... but after seeing this:

My instrument of choice is Hand Flute. Here, you can find a tutorial for it.

It took me like 5 minutes to produce a sound with overlapping palms and around an hour for interlocking fingers... I heard interlocking fingers gives you much bigger range, but it fucking hurts, so I might stay with overlapping palms for now.

Goal: Produce that one sound as often and as clear as possible.

Cooking

Work in progress...

POKER

Yes, it comes last :coolface:

As I said, it's incomplete and there is tons to be added, so bear with me.
  • 93 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      looks like will be an interesting blog, gl
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      NOTE: If I'm not allowed to link to non-poker related forums slash products, please let me know.

Added some stuff in the sex department. It's all for starters. Much more to come.

Sex

Penis Size

Brief History: Around 3 years ago I got a membership for MassiveMember.com having blind faith in this sort of stuff. I did the exercises 5 times a week for 20 mins daily, and in 4 months I gained 3 cm (1.2 in). THIS STUFF WORKS!

Now, there are a lot of free stuff on the internet and I would recommend the biggest forum of it's kind: PEGym. It got exercises, success stories etc.

Goal 1: Reach 20 cm (8 in) by the new year. Same routine, 5 times a week for 20 mins a day.
      Future Goal: After reaching wanted length, continue doing girth exercises indefinitely.

Endurance

As I've been told, you can last indefinitely without ejaculating. There are two parts to this: physical and mental.

Physical part is accomplished by practicing your PC muscle with PC (Kegel) exercises.
      I still haven't reached those kind of heights but I increased my endurance from 5 to 15 minutes, by doing these exercises for 6-7 months with some big pauses in between. I wasn't really consistent but some results are evident.

Ejaculation also can be delayed by having good control of your emotions, urges etc. As I heard, a praised program for this is Ejaculation by Command by Lloyd Lester. I still haven't watched it so don't take my word for it, but I've been told it does wonders and I'm definitely checking it out.

Physical Goal: Do Kegel's 5 times a week. I'll be doing exercises from AskMen.com for now until I find something better. I'm sure I did some better stuff a year ago.
      Mental Goal: Go through Ejaculation by Command and do the stuff it says in there.

Secret Weapon

Fuck off, it's a SECRET!

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Opening post is cute. But still... Picking girls and growing penis? Kinda akward, but interesting!
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Wow you will work on so many aspects. Will you remember the 'real' you?

gl,

T.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I'm ugly and have a tiny penis, and women always like me. Having said that, I think a bigger penis would probably help my poker. I'm going to tie the end to my shoelaces, see whether that does the trick and report back tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I'm going to tie the end to my shoelaces, see whether that does the trick and report back tomorrow.
      we were just contemplating that idea with my male colleagues after reading the blog :D you made my day JB!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I need longer laces. :f_cry:

Good luck with the blog VladimirN, it sounds like it might be fun.

Mal.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Hey, I see this blog got some attention.
      I'll just answer these two.

Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Wow you will work on so many aspects. Will you remember the 'real' you?
      Thanks for your support.

What are "real" us really? We all got shaped like this at some point in our lives. We were born blank, and experiences built us up as we are now (please don't tell me you were born this way and that that's predetermined :D ). So "real" us is whatever we want us to be. I decided to be something better then this.

Opening post is cute. But still... Picking girls and growing penis? Kinda akward, but interesting!

Well, picking up girls kind of brings me great pleasure (so I'm doing this for myself)... as well as satisfying them in the ways they never felt before in their lives. Did you know that 30% of women never had an orgasm in their lives? And big part of other 70% never had it during sex? For shame, if you ask me.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VladimirN
      Well, picking up girls kind of brings me great pleasure (so I'm doing this for myself)... as well as satisfying them in the ways they never felt before in their lives. Did you know that 30% of women never had an orgasm in their lives? And big part of other 70% never had it during sex? For shame, if you ask me.
      Awesome, this reminds me of a famous line:
      "My penis: for her pleasure"
      :f_cool:

What I meant in my previous post is try to be yourself. That doenst mean you shouldnt improve on things, but don't force yourself into someone/something that's not 'you'. I really doubt you would be happy otherwise...
      I understand your view, but I think you're overdoing it :)
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Added some stuff in the Martial Arts department.

Martial Arts

I'm still a bit torn apart between Krav Maga and Russian Systema. Both seem great for practical use, have defenses against knifes, pistols... although Krav Maga doesn't have much of a ground combat skills.

Krav Maga:

Russian Systema:

Goal: Decide which one to train.

@Tampaloeres81
      I already changed myself beyond recognition in couple of years. I was extremely shy. Now I'm super confident. I cared what other people think of me... not anymore. Now I accept criticism with joy. I got rid of my depression. Got rid of my social programming. I'm open minded towards everything. Judging no-one etc etc... also physical change.

All of that I changed willingly and if I waited for it all to "come into place naturally" I'd be fucked. Same thing I'm continuing to do until I reach the person who I want to be. There is ZERO attachment towards my current self... I'm evolving... so I'll always be happy if I continue doing it.
      Would I want to come back to my old self 3 years ago? FUCK NO! I wouldn't even come back to my yesterday's self.
      Also I can't wait to see my new self in three years, a year... I might not be able to recognize myself in few months even.

There are few huge problems with people: They hate changes and they especially hate admitting they were wrong... and all the wrong ideas they have, they pass on to their children. Deadly combination if you ask me, and that's why this world is full of racism, conflicts and all the bad stuff on this planet.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i like these posts

i share most of your thoughts, except for the huge focus on picking up girls and general sexiness, i have other plans :f_cool:
      tbh that's all quite "vain" for me, but i understand you. (i don't mean this in the condescending sense that i'm somehow superior or a better person, just saying. i understand really)

also, you should update your signature link. :D
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Oh man, it took me like half an hour to find the link changing section.

To further elaborate on my "obsessiveness" with pick up... it's just an ultimate goal, you see. All of this spread to all crevices of life.

If I learn reading body language, I can use it in pick up, in general communication with people (guys, kids, old people, anyone) or even in poker.
      Working on my looks adds health, fitness (or how do you call it, when you can run for 2 hours without getting short on breath) and more energy.
      Building up charisma also helps with communication with anyone... opening up business opportunities, making new friends...

So why is pick-up my main goal? Do I even have to elaborate? :D This is why we're born... to find best possible mate and procreate. Also, sex is damn fun.
      The truth is, we are all settling. Most go through like 3+ year relationships, and after like 4-5 girls in their life, they marry.
      So tell me, are they luckiest guys on this planet that they just happened to hit the one out of millions of suitable girls in their vicinity? They don't even know what they want in a girl.
      Now, I understand this behavior. It's sort of a defensive mechanism. They are maybe bad with girls and when they find the one who wants them, they stick to her ignoring every bad thing about her because "Fuck, if I lose this one I'll be forever alone". On a subconscious level of course. I'm sure there are some more reasons, I'm just too tired right now.

I simply want to go through as many chicks as possible, in order to find what I need in a girl first, and then finding the perfect one(s). That being said, I'd have to be able to date 3+ at the same time, and keep the best ones around with my Secret Weapon among the other things I provide with my presence.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I'm ugly and have a tiny penis, and women always like me. Having said that, I think a bigger penis would probably help my poker. I'm going to tie the end to my shoelaces, see whether that does the trick and report back tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
      Reporting back as promised. Sadly my penis has remained the same size, but my left leg is now half an inch shorter. Luckily, most of my sexual activity takes place horizontally nowadays, so I don't think my performance will be compromised.

Here's something that's provided inspiration to penis farmers for a generation. Over and out.

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Vladimir!

Nice blog that you have here! Just watched the youtube vids about the martial arts. And I would go for Russian Systema! Way cooler IMO :D

RasTweet
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      As a martial art teacher, I would say that first you need to ask yourself "why do I want to practise one, what do I want to learn, and why do I want to learn?". That way you know what you are looking for. Then find out what local schools can offer you the thing you are looking for. If you still have multiple choices, go and see what they are doing.

In martial arts world, there are tons of bad schools, some good schools, and a lot of schools that make money with mystique. And the range of contents varies from pure self defense to pure working out, and everything in between. I can help you out if you can explain why you want to learn martial arts.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Added some stuff in Instrument Playing department.

Instrument Playing

I always wanted to play an instrument since I'm so into music. It's a shame I don't have much time for it at the moment. I though the instrument of my choice would be synthesizer because of it's variety of sounds, or an electric guitar... but after seeing this:

My instrument of choice is Hand Flute. Here, you can find a tutorial for it.

It took me like 5 minutes to produce a sound with overlapping palms and around an hour for interlocking fingers... I heard interlocking fingers gives you much bigger range, but it fucking hurts, so I might stay with overlapping palms for now.

Goal: Produce that one sound as often and as clear as possible.

@Kyyberi
      Well I want to practice one so I can defend myself and people I care about. So I can stand up for myself in any situation knowing I can kick his/their asses if they try something.
      I want to learn something practical. To defend myself against knives, guns... to use everything at my disposal to my advantage (items in my vicinity like forks, table cloth...). I need something with no rules, no fair play. Something were groin kicks, eye pokes or whatever is considered good because it just might save your life. With huge variety, being ground fight, arm/leg locks, head locks, arm twists, tripping, throwing...

Also, some martial arts where I learn what to do as well as doing sparring where we kick each other assess, in order to toughen our bodies for receiving kicks and punches.
      There is one dude I know who trained some martial arts for 15 years... once he said to me to grab his neck with both hands and squeeze as hard as I can. I kept squeezing (granted, I couldn't do it full force, because I got quite a grip) and he didn't even blink... can you imagine fighting against him? Then I tried it on myself with 5th of the force I applied on him and I already felt uncomfortable. He is the main reason I got interested in this sort of thing.

I suppose I'd have to practice two of them to cover everything, but one which covers most of those will do for now.

Cheers in advance!
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      Interesting blog and goals, especially with the penis growing... Why would you want to do that?