MP3: $2.31 - 116 bb
      CO: $0.39 - 20 bb
      BU: $2.66 - 133 bb
      SB: $4.98 - 249 bb
      BB: $4.80 - 240 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50820.7

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      Hero posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, BB raises to $0.12, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.28 - 14 bb) 7:diamond: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.10, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.48 - 24 bb) J:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.32, Hero calls

River: ($1.12 - 56 bb) A:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

How should I have played this hand. I don't have HM or similar software, and only history is that he raised me once when I tried to steal from SB to his BB.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello uberchilly,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Moved your hand to correct section. :)

About your hand as by default you should be raising rather 4bb on those limits. And otherwise rather fold the turn cause you don't have the implied odds there to Call, nor of course you ain't going to be that often ahead. You just beat bluff there.

Best Regards.
    • uberchilly
      uberchilly
      Bronze
      Tnx for the reply. A lot of players on william hill on this blind level are short stacks, so I play, 3.5x or 3x preflop raise to 6c or 7c because I try to play aggressive in the late positions and steal a lot and they tend to fold easily on those raise sizes, as on 4x. And when you get called, and want to cbet on good flops bet sizes are a little bit smaller, so if they ship with small stacks, a lose less money. And on the particular hand. Should I have reraised flop and folded to another raise instead of just calling? I mean a lot of cards that are going to be turn cards are scary for me...