UTG: $1.18 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 39
      MP: $1.93 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 20, 3B: 30, AF: 5,0, Hands: 30
      CO: $1.31 - VPIP: 6, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 18
      BTN: $4.98 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 0,8, Hands: 35
      SB: $2.01 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 35, 3B: 4, AF: 6,5, Hands: 78
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 2,6, Hands: 6762

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with A :heart: Q :diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) 9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero?

Semibluff-raise?
  • 8 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Silver
      He doesn't show much strength on the flop so raising is not the worst option. If a further :diamond: comes on the turn I would tend to just try and get to showdown as he can definitely have A:diamond: x here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

3bet it a bit bigger vs such a station. But otherwise the board rather hits him hardly there, so might even not the best option raise. He has a lot of those 88/99/JJ hands which could easily be trapping this way. Therefore I'd rather just take the odds and reevaluate the turn, though sometimes might even safer to just fold directly to avoid further mistakes.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

3bet it a bit bigger vs such a station.
      Why? For value?
    • Balltas
      Balltas
      Bronze
      very interesting situation ws happend to me too while I had Ax. a flush draw with A high on the flop. I dont remember exactly how I played but on the river I completed my flush. I was in posision. And he fire a bet int me. like 1/3 the pot... I remember I thought he definetelly has a high spade so he will pay me of.. funny... but I raised 4 times a pot for his entire stack and he called me with Ts that means woith a third flush. Then he began to acuse me how bad player I am :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Why? For value?
      For value, yes.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Why? For value?
      For value + of course not give him good odds to call. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hello Imimba1,

3bet it a bit bigger vs such a station. But otherwise the board rather hits him hardly there, so might even not the best option raise. He has a lot of those 88/99/JJ hands which could easily be trapping this way. Therefore I'd rather just take the odds and reevaluate the turn, though sometimes might even safer to just fold directly to avoid further mistakes.

Best Regards.
      This hand is so strange Veriz, we have like 12 outs. A semibluff-raise is problematic, because even if he just calls, we both have less then pot-sized on the turn, right? We will probably miss on the turn, which would put us on a very ugly situation. Or if he pushes on the flop, same. We gonna have to give up a hand with good equity.

So technically, if we were e.g. 250bb deep, a semibluff-raise could be considered, but in a 3b pot with 100b deep no, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      This hand is so strange Veriz, we have like 12 outs. A semibluff-raise is problematic, because even if he just calls, we both have less then pot-sized on the turn, right? We will probably miss on the turn, which would put us on a very ugly situation. Or if he pushes on the flop, same. We gonna have to give up a hand with good equity.

So technically, if we were e.g. 250bb deep, a semibluff-raise could be considered, but in a 3b pot with 100b deep no, right?
      Why would you even raise 250bb deep? I mean do you think he folds better hands? And at the same time if he continues 3betting you wont be able to continue anyways. So both ways you are turning your hand into bluff. Or do you really think the T is so super-strong in that case for you? (It's just 1 out, don't forget that)