Hu Icm

    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Joined: 24.12.2010 Posts: 627
      My question is when you reach HU in a sng how much does the payout structure effect ICM ranges. And the different between Full ring and 6 max,based on % of buy-in plus rake and actual profit.
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,926
      Hi diversfx,

      I've moved your post to the relevant board. It's always best to keep strategical questions in the relevant strategy board to receive the best possible answer ;)


      All the best,
      Gary
    • zeezeeflop
      zeezeeflop
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.09.2011 Posts: 28
      there is no ICM in HU since there is only one prize so Cev = $ev
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Joined: 24.12.2010 Posts: 627
      I don't agree HU pushing pre can have ads and disads depending on V,chips stacks and position.Especially when blinds get bigger.

      For example in 6 max 2nd usually pays about 50% of what winning does. In Fr second is often about 30 percentof prize pool vs 50% for winning.

      Does this effect player pushing and calling ranges?
    • zeezeeflop
      zeezeeflop
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.09.2011 Posts: 28
      No there is one prize.
      HU in a 9man 80% of the prize pool is accounted for. 3rd gets 20% and the two remaining players both have 30% guarenteed.
      Therefore there is one prize which is the remaining 20%.
      Similarly 6max 70% is accounted for and the remaining prize is 30% for the last 2 so there is no ICM in heads up play
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Joined: 17.10.2007 Posts: 5,877
      HU has no ICM. As zeezee said its pure cEV. Price pool distiribution doesn't matter because both players has already earned certain part. Winner will take remaining part and second one get nothing (from HU view).