[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR KQo

• JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO's sitting out.

SB

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K Q
      Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) Q J 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.80) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.80) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Results:
      $2.80 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: Q J 8 A 2
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$1.35 net)
      SB showed 9 A and won $2.66 ($1.31 net)

Hey. I like to openraise KQ at this type of table, because I block KK, QQ etc. and there's a fish in the blinds.

I'm not sure what to do on turn. Maybe bet something like 1/2 pot for value from Qx, Tx, one card draws? Or give it up?

As played despite the good odds I think I should've find a fold button, since I beat like nothing. Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I absolutely agree about raising preflop. But I prefer that I just dodge these tables and play on others because it just seems everyone is a reg except one

That said I would cBet the Flop for value. Now the Turn is tricky and mostly I will bet something like 1/3 pot to get a call from a Qx & everything else. You mostly maintain control because he will check the River to you so you can check back hence getting your value.

When he wants to gain more value because he simply has a flush, you can easily fold

As played it is a tough fold for me, you do not beat much as he is mostly valuebetting this sizing with TPNK or weak 2 pair. if he was bluffing he would be bombing the River

- Gerv