am i overvaluing big pairs at NL10

• LCBurrows
      LCBurrows
      Bronze
      the last 4 times ive had QQ or KK preflop ive been behind to KK or AA all at NL10 hands have either got it in preflop or on an undercards board.

i find it very hard to lay down when i see similar plays made AK and top pair A kicker on the flop and end up calling. i'm starting to think these hands aren't as big as i think, ive laid down QQ preflop and on undercards flop live before and almost laid KK to AA before but online at this low limit i find it really hard.

and it really has been the last 4 times at cash im not only remembering the times i lose because i stopped about a week ago when it happened 3 times in quick succession and came back today and in the first 100 hands i get QQ on 356 after some guy limp/called without apparent set value. he then check/raises me, he can easily put me on AK/AQ and making continuation bet, so i ended up raising again and he calls with KK.
  • 3 replies
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      AA, KK and QQ are my biggest income sources. In over 17k hands, I got AA 89 times, won 92.13% of the time for $66.41 overall. KK showed up 81 times, won 85.19% for $49.22, and QQ, also 81 times, won 80.25% of the times for $28.29.

Sure, they get cracked every now and then, else I'd have 100% win % with them, but that's poker. You still win more than 4 out of 5 times with them as you can see.
    • LCBurrows
      LCBurrows
      Bronze
      ok thanks for some long term stats, i guess im getting unlucky.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi LCBurrows

I suggest to start posting sample hands in the hand posting forum in order to get judged by experienced players. I will really improve your game.

--> NL hand posting forum

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar