[NL2-NL10] nl 10 sh AA.

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      16/13 86 hands
      fold to sb steal 50% 8 hands
      didn't like folding to but steals either

af 2.5 wts 14% w$sd 0

I think he was defending fairly wide here and that he could have had more flush draws, tp cards then sets in his check/raising range.

I suppose my flop raise lets only his strong hands continue. I should just call this bet and see how the turn card (and then river) comes?

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.49
      Hero (SB): $11.02
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $12.05
      CO: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) 4:club: Q:heart: 7:heart:
      Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $10.62, BB calls $8.00

Turn: ($20.00, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: ($20.00, 2 players) 3:diamond:

he had nut flush draw :f_frown:
  • 2 replies
    • LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      Hi julles,
      First of all he is not c/r, he is just raising IP.You have very little sample size for him, but still he looks like some normal NL10 reg.
      You are right that he does not have many value hands in his raising range, sets are 6 combos, and for example 1 random bluff like KTo is 16 combos.Also, I really think that he is raising here total air(most of his range, as you said he is defending wide), flushdraws and sets.Also note and remember, that the flushdraws are not that big part of his raising range(cuz they are only 1 combo- Ah2h, JhTh, etc.).Also I doubt he will raise Qx IP here, but rather calldown with it(standart play for NL10 reg).Of course you can never now, but without info is hard to assume otherwise aswell.From my expirience on nl10 I noticed that regs play calldown mode with TPs most of the time.

Based on that call seems like better option, but it will be reeeealy hard to call him down, for that you must have info that he is 3barreling with air or busted draws.It will be also realy hard to continue on a turn, which completes gutshot-oesd or fd.But still, he will pretty often 2ble barrel something like Kr on the turn, and if blank river call seems fine.

P.S.: Playing for stacks on the flop is not bad actually.Folding his equity is still counted as valuebet, if he folds some flushdraw or gutshot, and he will most likley do, and based that you very very often will fold like 23-33% of his equity makes it +EV.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

You already got pointed out that it's actually not a Check/Raise spot, it's rather raise CB instead. Nor you didn't mention anything about the opponents aggression overall. You just mentioned that he is defending a wide range, but the guy has been playing 16/13 so far, what makes you think he plays wide? I'd rather say with those stats he is nitty.

About how to play the hand mainly depends how we have seen him. Is he capable of overplaying Qx here? Cause that's the only hope, if he rather ain't then I don't really see many hands what we have beat than just a FD. Though he could still have sets in his range. Only thing what would make me more likely consider to continue is the fact that he doesn't have many 2pair combos. So if we want to continue then we should get it in, if rather not then just fold it, whichever you thought is the best should be profitable. But to say here that it's always broke or always a fold would be wrong, cause it always depends on the opponent.

Best Regards.