Questions from a noob NL2 – NL10

• marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      Questions from a noob NL2 – NL10

This is a forum post to include all noob questions about NL2 – NL10, considering that this is really for beginners, please try to don’t use often short terms.
      You can answer one or more question, just specify wich one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1) $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

BU = ($5.41)
      SB = ($5.02)
      BB (Hero) = ($3.98)
      MP3 = ($4.33)
      CO = ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 :club: , 8 :diamond: .
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.50, Hero ??
      When we have PP, what range we can consider to fold, call or 3-bet in this case?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (2) We should take an analise about the table to see If we can use 3x or 4x bet, or its already defined to use 4x NL2 , 3,5x NL4 and 3x NL10?

(3) Flushdraw in position without broadways: Hero have flushdraw
      Flop: Cbet , Villan: Call
      Turn: Bet again? 1/2pot or 3x?

(4) Flushdraw in position with broadways: Hero have flushdraw
      Flop: Cbet , Villan: Call
      Turn: check/fold?

(3) and (4) I see a lot of allin in Flop and even Turn with flushdraws in these limits, how to manage this?

(5) Poker is a sport of mind, what is the best way to train? Give to us your best experience, so we can choice. Have you adopt a regular time to study vs time to play?

(6) How bad you was before you start to win? Tell us a little of your history, I see that a lot of beginners do think that is really good at the game just because is smart and is good with math, it could help but you need much more to construct a solid game.

(7) STOOPPPPPPP CALL! I read about how bad your call pré-flop and pós-flop is in these limits a long time ago in other forum and I couldn’t find it again, could someone explain this theory to us? (it talk about how often the hero call, when it was to raise or fold)

(8) What you consider the biggest –EV Situation? Get out of Bank Management, play without focus, play tired or just think that you is a legend in poker and stop to study?

(9) How poker career is? “When do I need to quit my job to play poker?” ”Should I finish school?” ”Should I put more of my $ into this and give it a real shot?” ”How much should I try to reduce swings at the cost of EV now that I have a family?” Have a lot of off-poker situations that is very specific and probably don’t have a right answer to this, but Phil Galfon have contributed to talk about, just go http://www.philgalfond.com/poker-and-your-life/ and If you can talk about your own experience go own.

(10) Books, poker as any other sport like change every year, people that was a winner at High Stakes could do not win a big prize at moment anymore, so how good/bad could be books of poker?

(11) In these limits, should I sacrifice my Bank to pay a coach?

(12) Hud, Do you consider important at these limits?

I have a lot of beginners questions, if you have another one just write and I bring to main page.
      Help a beginner,
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      1) vs unknowns fold everything JJ- because we get terribad odds and btn can just 4bet back

2) adjust to position and how wide is your own range, the lower the limit the more ABC you can play which means tighter ranges and stronger opens

3, 4) don't get it, hero or board has the fd? in case you have the fd evaluate your fold equity, if he can fold a reasonable % of the time you bet

5) participate in hand evaluation discussions

6) i played breakevenish for a while until NL beginners course, think it was not that much the course but more that it got me into the habit of evaluating hands

7) what

8) 1. play out of brm, 2. aggro tilt

9, 10) too advanced for me

11) you can do fine without a coach there, just work on your game

12) why not
    • marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      1) vs unknowns fold everything JJ- because we get terribad odds and btn can just 4bet back

2) adjust to position and how wide is your own range, the lower the limit the more ABC you can play which means tighter ranges and stronger opens

3, 4) don't get it, hero or board has the fd? in case you have the fd evaluate your fold equity, if he can fold a reasonable % of the time you bet

5) participate in hand evaluation discussions

6) i played breakevenish for a while until NL beginners course, think it was not that much the course but more that it got me into the habit of evaluating hands

7) what

8) 1. play out of brm, 2. aggro tilt

9, 10) too advanced for me

11) you can do fine without a coach there, just work on your game

12) why not
      (7) I tried to explain better, I found it very important to my game, I will try to explain this myself later.

(12) This question is about that beginners will often try to believe in few sample of hands to construct the image of the villain or forget that even donkeys get great hands.