This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A8o vs TAG OOP

• LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG potatischips ($4.89) 49bb
      CO Hero ($10.15) 102bb
      BTN Shovi ($10) 100bb
      SB skwr ($10.21) 102bb
      BB mrdino74 ($21.28) 213bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO A:spade: 8:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, Shovi calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: 10:club: 2:heart: Q:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, Shovi calls $0.50

Turn: J:heart: ($1.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, Shovi calls $1.20

River: 5:spade: ($4.15, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, Shovi folds

Final Pot: $4.15

Hero wins $8.88 (net +$4.38)

Shovi lost $2

Villain is TAG, regular, I often play with him on NL10 and NL20 aswell(I sometimes open 2-3 NL10 tables if there are not enough NL20 tables).Preflop, I open A8o from CO, BB is huge fish, BU and SB are tight playrers so I expect them to fold often and to play IP with the fish sometimes. Flop is standart Cbet, and I decided to 3barrel bluff him if he flats the flop, expecting him to fold AQ-KQ to 3barrel.He is straightforward player, so he will raise TT and 22 on the flop, and he dont call with QTo pre, maybe only QTs which are 2 combos on the flop.After the call I put him basicly on KQ, AQ and QJ(AK 3bets pre, K9 folds pre, very small amount of flushes in his range, maybe max 3 combos or something, A2s, A3s), and some random floats, and everything will fold to 3barrel anyway,exept QJ maybe.So is this okay, aswell as the sizings?

Also, if I had AQ-KQ in this spot, can I Vbet him 3 streets?Because with the above said, I don't think I can, and with that I would have no idea how to continue on this turn(if I had AQ-KQ) after the Cbet( cuz on the river with 3 barrel I will isolate myself)???
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LSFC4ever,

Check/Fold the flop cause it one of the worst to ever consider CBetting, if you get called you practically have 0 equity there, nor of course I don't really like to 3barrel vs a known as just a REG guy who could easily even call you down there with Qx.

I am curious what makes you think that it's a standard CB? :)

Best Regards.