[NL2-NL10] [NL10-SH] A8s NFD+GS

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.66 (106.6 bb)
      SB: $2.25 (22.5 bb)
      BB: $8.36 (83.6 bb)
      UTG: $27.03 (270.3 bb)
      MP: $12.96 (129.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $10.96 (109.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A 8
      UTG raises to $0.40, MP folds, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 7 T J (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2, UTG raises to $4.20, Hero raises to $10.56 and is all-in, UTG calls $6.36

Turn: ($22.07) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($22.07) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $22.07 pot ($1.10 rake)
      Final Board: 7 T J A J
      UTG showed T T and won $20.97 ($10.01 net)
      Hero showed A 8 and lost (-$10.96 net)

PRE: Sb and bb are pretty loose with around ~36 vpip each, i thought if i call they would both be more likely to call aswell. and that would give me suited aces in a multiway pot :)

FLOP: multiway plan didn't work but i flop NFD+GS. Villain is 25/13 over 503 hands with agg of 1.3. so i put him on a pretty strong range, Id say its pretty much a coinflip v his range. is it ok getting it in here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: Fold it preflop? :P Why do you Call vs a UTG raise here? :) Even if SB + BB are loose, you never know if they call and plus SB doesn't even have a huge stack.

As played
      Postflop: Do you want to take the coinflip? :) Cause you ain't going to be far-far ahead there, after you raise you are kinda committed to Call with the money we spend. I'd myself instead rather just Call and reevaluate the turn whilst as you said yourself his range is strong. Doubt that we have massive fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: Fold it preflop? :P Why do you Call vs a UTG raise here? :) Even if SB + BB are loose, you never know if they call and plus SB doesn't even have a huge stack.
      hoping SB+BB will call, if they were tags it would be a fold. i guess i overlooked their stack sizes lol.

Originally posted by verizAs played
      Postflop: Do you want to take the coinflip? :) Cause you ain't going to be far-far ahead there, after you raise you are kinda committed to Call with the money we spend. I'd myself instead rather just Call and reevaluate the turn whilst as you said yourself his range is strong. Doubt that we have massive fold equity.

Best Regards.
      I dont mind, coinflips are fun :D but lol jokez aside.. i now think its better to call, because i don't think i have alot of FE vs his range, i could just call and re-ev on the turn, as i stil have decent equity v his range. and perhaps get a free river card :D this would save $$ :D

random thoughts but please evaluate this:

vs his range on the fop, i have about 50% equity. When i raise his cbet, am i basically reducing my equity to like 35-40% because he will only continue/ ship a much stronge rrange? (than his cbet range)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      vs his range on the fop, i have about 50% equity. When i raise his cbet, am i basically reducing my equity to like 35-40% because he will only continue/ ship a much stronge rrange? (than his cbet range)

Yes, that's correct, dependent of course of the hand we are against there but it will be around 40%.