NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($36.80)
      BB ($20.80)
      UTG ($21.30)
      Hero ($20)
      CO ($21.05)
      BTN ($21.23)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.80, BTN raises to $2.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.40, fold, BTN calls $3

FLOP ($11.90) 3:heart: 5:heart: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($11.90) 3:heart: 5:heart: 7:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7.85

flop, I do not give myself enough fold equity to bluff.
      once he checks back I believe his range to be almost never a pair or a set.
      Might have AhQh, but most likely an Ace high maybe a heart. What I do consider now, and haven't considered when playing, is that he might have a hand like 99 with a heart, although it is doubtfull that he 3bets 99 there.

Turn, I would like a free showdown, but don't mind shipping over a bet, for I do not give him a hand that has me beat. When he does bet that big, I feel like he isn't folding to a shove. Sticking to my flop assumption, I can't see how the 4 has changed something and figure that he has a draw, that decides not to fold.

given this read, I might want to call here and shove the river, like a stop and go move.

In the hand I did decide to shove.

As you see. I am kinda lost here
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think betting flop 5.5$ and then shoving any turn would give you most fold equity against made hands (smt like 88). c/rai to inducing bluff should also be fine, but since checking back would give him free cards and can let him check better hands down I would prefer betting myself.

I think c/rai would be better option than c/c turn- you then alwayus see showdown and let him bet his air. I don´t really see reason why you should c/c turn and shove river- not really too many better hands would not fold and AK high you still have showdown value.

best regards,
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      don't you think he might just jam the flop with some of this stuff you wanna get a fold of?...Would be easy to play with the Ah but this way I am dominated sometimes as well...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verum
      don't you think he might just jam the flop with some of this stuff you wanna get a fold of?...Would be easy to play with the Ah but this way I am dominated sometimes as well...
      - well if you don´t wanna fold out anything then checking usually is not the best option. You can always bet pot or shove if you want maximum fold equity.

Even if you don´t have Ah, I doubt AK would be dominated- more likely if he goes all-in with AhQx or AhJx you´re still ahead and can win showdown with AK high

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Veriz can you give your opinion about this hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verum,

A lot of more information is needed here as how often he folds to 4bets and etc. What kind of image we had here, what's the opponents fold to CB/W$SD. Too many stats could be combined together and we could build up the opponents play-style here.

We could very easily have 2 cases here:
      a) we are against traps and strong range which rarely folds there;
      b) we are against a loose range, which called cause tries to overplay us whilst we maybe had a loose 4betting range.

Against both we can't play the same way, so it can be picked Bet/Shove and can be picked Check/Fold.

Best Regards.