This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 20nl SH AKo ocfd in 4bet pot OOP

• Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Villain squeezes 12% over 500+ hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($36.80)
      BB ($20.80)
      UTG ($21.30)
      Hero ($20)
      CO ($21.05)
      BTN ($21.23)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.80, BTN raises to $2.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.40, fold, BTN calls $3

FLOP ($11.90) 3:heart: 5:heart: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($11.90) 3:heart: 5:heart: 7:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $7.85

flop, I do not give myself enough fold equity to bluff.
      once he checks back I believe his range to be almost never a pair or a set.
      Might have AhQh, but most likely an Ace high maybe a heart. What I do consider now, and haven't considered when playing, is that he might have a hand like 99 with a heart, although it is doubtfull that he 3bets 99 there.

Turn, I would like a free showdown, but don't mind shipping over a bet, for I do not give him a hand that has me beat. When he does bet that big, I feel like he isn't folding to a shove. Sticking to my flop assumption, I can't see how the 4 has changed something and figure that he has a draw, that decides not to fold.

given this read, I might want to call here and shove the river, like a stop and go move.

In the hand I did decide to shove.

As you see. I am kinda lost here
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think betting flop 5.5$ and then shoving any turn would give you most fold equity against made hands (smt like 88). c/rai to inducing bluff should also be fine, but since checking back would give him free cards and can let him check better hands down I would prefer betting myself.

I think c/rai would be better option than c/c turn- you then alwayus see showdown and let him bet his air. I don´t really see reason why you should c/c turn and shove river- not really too many better hands would not fold and AK high you still have showdown value.

best regards,
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      don't you think he might just jam the flop with some of this stuff you wanna get a fold of?...Would be easy to play with the Ah but this way I am dominated sometimes as well...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verum
      don't you think he might just jam the flop with some of this stuff you wanna get a fold of?...Would be easy to play with the Ah but this way I am dominated sometimes as well...
      - well if you don´t wanna fold out anything then checking usually is not the best option. You can always bet pot or shove if you want maximum fold equity.

Even if you don´t have Ah, I doubt AK would be dominated- more likely if he goes all-in with AhQx or AhJx you´re still ahead and can win showdown with AK high

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Veriz can you give your opinion about this hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Verum,

A lot of more information is needed here as how often he folds to 4bets and etc. What kind of image we had here, what's the opponents fold to CB/W$SD. Too many stats could be combined together and we could build up the opponents play-style here.

We could very easily have 2 cases here:
      a) we are against traps and strong range which rarely folds there;
      b) we are against a loose range, which called cause tries to overplay us whilst we maybe had a loose 4betting range.

Against both we can't play the same way, so it can be picked Bet/Shove and can be picked Check/Fold.

Best Regards.