[NL20-NL50] sh 20nl, Q high bluff call vs fish on river

• Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Villian is a 91/7 fish who so far always donked when he hit a pair on the flop.
      I check back the flop, because I expect to get too many calls and don't want to bet flop, turn, river hoping the flush doesn't complete and he folds his one card fd.

I bet the turn because given my read he has nothing and I can get some value from ocfd calls, which I can most likely get to fold on the river.

On the river, I doubt that he would ever bet a three, I doubt that he had a pair before, so I could raise or call. raise invests more if I am wrong, but will get k high to fold. Should I follow up on my read and raise, or call...or should I just fold, given fish might change their mind of how to play hands based on the number of beers consumed or the wife yelling at them...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.16)
      BB ($11.42)
      CO ($16.93)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: Q:diamond:

CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.30) 9:club: A:club: 7:club:

CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.30) 9:club: A:club: 7:club: 7:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

RIVER ($5.10) 9:club: A:club: 7:club: 7:spade: 3:heart:

CO bets $2.55
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely just check my hand down or c-bet and give up. Defnitely I would fold river- he may be bluffing there QT and you stil get owned. Also I´m not sure your turn be- if you have read he is leading with pairs, then you should have some showdown value and on that coordinated board he may still continue with wide range of hands.

best regards,