Not playing for 4 years and wanna start again.

• vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I was playing NL200SH on Stars and Full Tilt Poker around 4 years ago (9-16 tables) . Played there over 500k hands on that limit and was also winning quite good, however had to stop playing cause I just had no time anymore and no fun playing anymore.

Now after not playing at all for 4 years I would like to start playing again. I though of depositing $500 and start with NL25SH. I currently read through all the strategy articles to refresh my memory a bit and also have a look at some hands and videos.

What page would you guys suggest me to start playing on? I have a mac now and I won't install windows so the poker site needs to run on mac. I know pokerstars does. How about WPT Poker or Party Poker?
      (I also have PT3 which runs on mac)

About depositing and withdrawals. I'm in Australia what would be the better option to use Moneybookers or Neteller, or just use my credit card? (Also do they both offer a Credit Card for Aussies)

How are the tables, did things get a lot tougher in recent years or are there still heaps of bad players around?
  • 4 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey vanBuuren89!

First of all welcome to the community!

I can't say how much the games have changed the last 4 years because I was a fish myself 4 years ago :f_biggrin: But I imagine the games became harder...

Regarding to which room to pick just post in this thread. The thread is created to find the best poker room for you.

But like you said it's probably going to be Stars or Party since they have Mac software. Be aware though that there was a problem with the format Party saved their handhistory's and because of this PT couldn't import the hands. And apparently they haven't changed the format yet :( Well thats what I've read on the forum.

Best of luck on the tables! And I hope you'll be able to crush like in the "old days" :D

RasTweet
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      nl200 four years ago is prolly like nl50 now
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think NL25 would be a sensible place for you to start i mean its high enough that you aren't gonna think its just a few $$ and ofc you have previous experience. You might find that crush NL25 and can move up to 50 pretty soon but its always better to start lower whilst you get yourself warmed up a little right?

Poker is an ever changing game and as already mentioned in here the games are a lot tougher than 4 years ago (another good reason to start lower) the moves you made back then might be super exploitable by todays regs.

Ease yourself back in to the games watch some up to date videos and start posting some hands in the hand evaluation sections this will get you back on the right track :)

Sorry i cant help you out with deposit options maybe another aussie will come along and let us know how they do things.

Good luck getting back into the games
      Carl
    • vanBuuren89
      vanBuuren89
      Bronze
      Thanks for all you comments.
      I might just play a few hands on Nl10 till I have access to the Silver Strategy Section to read more articles and watch some more Videos before I move up to Nl25.