Stacks:
      UTG ($20.57) 206bb
      DrDunne (UTG+1) ($10.87) 109bb
      CO ($10.52) 105bb
      BTN ($4.55) 46bb
      SB ($21.63) 216bb
      BB ($13.13) 131bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) DrDunne is UTG+1 10:spade: 10:club:
      UTG calls $0.10, DrDunne raises to $0.50, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.70, 1 fold, UTG folds, DrDunne calls $1.20

Flop: 7:heart: 5:club: K:diamond: ($3.10, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.80, DrDunne raises to $3.60, SB folds

Final Pot: $8.50

DrDunne wins $8.64 (net +$3.84)

UTG lost $0.10
      SB lost $3.50

is it terrible to do this? what are your thoughts on this hand. i didn't think enough about the minraise, but my thoughts were his cbet size was only 50% so i thought i could bluff raise. i say bluff raise because i dont think he will call me with worse ever. i also wanted to make my bluff cheap so i just minraised him which i think was terrible now and i didnt think enough. maybe €4.50 would be a better size?
  • 4 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Do you have any notes on villain?

By raising you can make him fold better hands in QQ/JJ as well as his Ax hands which can improve on the turn so it's not a bad line imo, you also stop him barrelling his air on the turn and putting you in difficult spots. Alternatively you can just float him and try and take the pot on the turn if he checks to you if you think he is weak here.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Millsyuk
      Do you have any notes on villain?

By raising you can make him fold better hands in QQ/JJ as well as his Ax hands which can improve on the turn so it's not a bad line imo, you also stop him barrelling his air on the turn and putting you in difficult spots. Alternatively you can just float him and try and take the pot on the turn if he checks to you if you think he is weak here.
      no notes on villain it was an anon table :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Why would you Call in first place here vs such a huge 3bet, which is almost even 4x? Rather fold it vs unknown.

As played
      Postflop: Huh? Would you ever raise a Kx here or a set? :)

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      As played
      Postflop: Huh? Would you ever raise a Kx here or a set? :)
      do you mean would i ever raise with Kx or a set? or do you mean would i raise if i knew my opponent had Kx or a set.... if it's the last one then definitely no. but i just thought he might be bigger with Kx or a set... ok it was a stupid hand :D i just thought he would fold JJ/QQ/AQ type hands to a raise. but it's stupid because he can easily have KKK or AK here or even AA to stack off. :facepalm: