Shocking Ipoker Bug

• 16 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      ROFL that's bad..

FWIW, im a tourney player and never experienced anything like this on MTT, FR sngs, DoNs, Hu sngs etc - could just be a cash thing but that in itself is bad enough and unacceptable.

I read recently on 2+2 that their Speed Poker has been bugging loads with people essentially having money "in limbo" - as in not lost on the game and not in their account, after they stand up from the table.

And this Speed poker bug is what I expected to see when I clicked on this thread tbh - iPoker just seem to get it wrong so often, it's beyond a joke.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I am not defending iPoker.

I have never experienced anything remotely similar.

I do object, though, to tone and language used in the video.

The video used inflammatory language -- eg "shocking" in the title, and made several accusations of wrongdoing, eg "stealing".

If this person is interested in actually bringing about a RESOLUTION to the problem, perhaps this video clip should be forwarded to iPoker -- specifically BetFred -- with a copy to whoever regulates them.

Once you have done so, by all means post your video in the poker forums, but be up front with the fact that you have sent the video to the poker room and to the regulator.

My guess is that he has a flaky installation, and a re-install would fix it.

This is EXACTLY what was done by some of us at PokerStrategy.com when PartyPoker stopped saving hand histories.

I can't imagine a poker room lasting a week if this sort of thing was universal.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      This is something I would suggest also.

I can safely say I have played atleast 1.5 million hands on Ipoker on a range of skins (about 1.2mil of this being on William Hill). Betfred being one of them for a small 50k sample.

Never have I experienced anything like this and from the sounds of it neither have any other Ipoker players so far from looking at the threads.

This can be 1 of 3 thing imo in order of probability.

1. User has a dodgy install/error on his side
      2. Betfred has a issue
      3. Ipoker has a issue

This is just my opinion from my experience so far at Ipoker

I encourage any users who experience similar problems to post here and to also contact Ipoker or the relevant skin and make them aware of the issue.

Callum
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I've never had anything like this happen.

But one bug that I do get that is a little annoying, albeit not 'omg shocking', is that when I click 'sit out next bb' or 'sit out next bb on all tables' it sits me back in about 50% of the time when I haven't asked for it.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Wow, I've never seen anything that bad on any site. Can you please do as suggested above and forward this to Ipoker, Betfred and whoever supplies their licence and report back what is said about it?

Surely though, if this had happened to any other players it would be reported all over the forums straight away from hundreds of players.

Also all the other players at the tables you were sitting at would have been typing in the chat box asking what the hell was going on if it was happening on their systems too. So it could only have been on this users screen and not on other players? Implying a user problem rather than a site problem. I have to say, I would simply stop playing there and move one.

I certainly won't be depositing any money!
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      This looks to fake.... Everyday 20.000 + players play at iPoker, and noone reported anything like this yet... Think about it
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by jules97
      I've never had anything like this happen.

But one bug that I do get that is a little annoying, albeit not 'omg shocking', is that when I click 'sit out next bb' or 'sit out next bb on all tables' it sits me back in about 50% of the time when I haven't asked for it.
      There are two ways I know that this can happen.

First, if the player who is immediately to your right sits out at just the right time, you are dealt in as the SB. The "sit out next bb" checkbox stays checked.

You get another orbit at 1/3 normal price.

The second I'm not so sure about.
      I THINK what happens here is that if you raise pre, it clears the box.

And sometimes I look up and the box is clear and I'm sure I clicked it.

I've never bothered contacting customer service about it.
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      I say it's fake as well.

http://shareimage.ro/images/mexy7bb1hj04vwngs90b.jpg

There is a difference between these two players. The green outline for is perfectly placed on that square for the left player (commentator) but for the other player you can see another square underneath. That's poor editing.

As well I don't think its that hard for someone who knows video editing to mix a video of this low difficulty. After all, a poker table is just a set of images.

As for "sit out next BB" I've seen that if someone else leaves the table or joins the table, you will pay for another BB.
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I am not defending iPoker.

I have never experienced anything remotely similar.

I do object, though, to tone and language used in the video.

The video used inflammatory language -- eg "shocking" in the title, and made several accusations of wrongdoing, eg "stealing".

If this person is interested in actually bringing about a RESOLUTION to the problem, perhaps this video clip should be forwarded to iPoker -- specifically BetFred -- with a copy to whoever regulates them.

Once you have done so, by all means post your video in the poker forums, but be up front with the fact that you have sent the video to the poker room and to the regulator.

This is EXACTLY what was done by some of us at PokerStrategy.com when PartyPoker stopped saving hand histories.

I can't imagine a poker room lasting a week if this sort of thing was universal.
      Why don't you tell him that yourself? OP is a member of the pokerstrategy.com ENGLISH community.

w34z3l

Also,I don't think you read the entire thread,if you did,I think you just sort of skimmed through.

OP makes a valid point: "If there's a problem with my internet connection,why isn't this bug happening at the other 7 TABLES too?" same goes for graphics card or whatever.

As is my understanding,the other tables were fine.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Ectoz

Why don't you tell him that yourself? OP is a member of the pokerstrategy.com ENGLISH community.

w34z3l

Also,I don't think you read the entire thread,if you did,I think you just sort of skimmed through.

OP makes a valid point: "If there's a problem with my internet connection,why isn't this bug happening at the other 7 TABLES too?" same goes for graphics card or whatever.

As is my understanding,the other tables were fine.
      Tell who what? The player to whom you linked is not the OP of this thread, nor of the 2+2 thread. I watched the video, but didn't read the 2+2 thread at all.

The point of my post had to do with the presentation.
      It was needlessly inflammatory. Making a big public splash says more about the video maker than it does about iPoker.

I stand by my guess that he has something wrong with his computer, his client software or his OS. Yes it is puzzling that it happened on some tables but not others. It is even more puzzling that it happens to him, and not countless thousands of others. If there was a problem with his internet connection so that some data corruption occurred, it is to be expected that the problem shows itself on only those tables that the corrupt data relates to.
    • sandymanufan
      sandymanufan
      Global
      this is a bug tht i found.

and it happend twice in 2 days.turn river and BB and UTG hands were shown even though everyone folded..

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (MP): $20.30
      CO: $27.86
      BTN: $12.51
      SB: $19.12
      BB: $35.14
      UTG: $32.04

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has 8:heart: J:heart:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.60, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 3 players) Q:spade: 5:heart: 8:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.50, fold

Turn: ($1.50, 2 players) T:club:

River: ($1.50, 2 players) 6:club:

BB shows K:diamond: 9:club: (High Card, King) (Pre 7%, Flop 4%, Turn 9%)
      UTG shows K:heart: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 93%, Flop 96%, Turn 91%)
      UTG wins $1.43
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Send this to the poker rooms customer service if you haven't done so already.

I'll watch out for this as I play.
    • sandymanufan
      sandymanufan
      Global
      yeah i did.
      waiting for their reply...

here is what happened yestrday...
      BB folded preflop..yet see what happened..

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $27.83
      BTN: $20.00
      Hero (SB): $20.00
      BB: $9.86
      UTG: $58.27

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has T:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 6:diamond: J:heart: 9:diamond:

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) 3:spade:

River: ($0.40, 2 players) 4:club:

Hero shows T:heart: A:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 66%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
      BB shows 8:spade: 4:diamond: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 34%, Flop 27%, Turn 14%)
      BB wins $0.38
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      That is indeed bizarre.

The software does not record the BB fold.

I would be very interested in what they have to say.

this looks like corrupt data, or an outright bug.

They will need the actual hand # though.
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Now that's what I call a freeroll for BB!