[NL2-NL10] NL10 6-max AQ vs loose agressive player

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      BB - I had note on him that plays draws very aggressively and bluffs a lot

Titan Poker Ausdrucksvoll 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button Hero ($9.60)
      SB ($9.75)
      BB [color:#C00000]BB ($27.61)[/color]
      UTG ($14.72)
      UTG+1 ($6.02)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A :diamond: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to 0.35, 1 fold, BB calls 0.25.

Flop (0.75) J :spade: 3 :diamond: K :spade:
      BB bets 0.75, Hero raises to 2, BB calls 1.25.

Since he is very agressive his flop bet might just be stab at the pot. At this point I thought I could push J or weak K out of the pot, but he calls so most likely he is drawing with something like fd, pair of treys+fd, fd+ gutshot or maybe he is way ahead with set of treys or KJ.

Turn (4.75) Q :heart:
      BB bets 4.75, Hero folds

Even though I improved and have the second pair + gutshot I don't think there is much I beat after his second psb except fd so I fold.
      Comments?
  • 4 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Why did you raise the flop? The only reason why you should raise the flop is if you are putting him on a flush draw or a stab, then you just made a better hand on turn so you should have called if you had a read on him.

If you planned to fold the turn with one of your cards paired, then why raise the flop?

Its a fold on flop, or re raise flop and call turn imo.

BTW: I am just trying to improve my game, so don't be surpirsed if you are right.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      If your opponent is agressive then probably re-raise doesn't make sense because he is so agressive that he will call or re-re-raise you with K or J. Of course id depends on opponent reads. If you have read that he is agressive but gives his hand away easily then its nh!
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      Why did you raise the flop? The only reason why you should raise the flop is if you are putting him on a flush draw or a stab, then you just made a better hand on turn so you should have called if you had a read on him.

If you planned to fold the turn with one of your cards paired, then why raise the flop?

Its a fold on flop, or re raise flop and call turn imo.

BTW: I am just trying to improve my game, so don't be surpirsed if you are right.
      I reraised the flop just to take down the pot if villain was donking with marginal hand or total bluff since I had note he loves to bluff

Yes I made the hand but it is only the second pair and queen also filled the gutshot and villain makes another psb so I doubt that he would do this with total bluff two times in a row considering that I reraised him on flop. He is aggressive but not stupid afaik.

And yes, I am very interested in opinion about the turn play - is my second pair+gutshot+oc good enough to shove the turn?

Originally posted by timukasr
      If your opponent is agressive then probably re-raise doesn't make sense because he is so agressive that he will call or re-re-raise you with K or J. Of course id depends on opponent reads. If you have read that he is agressive but gives his hand away easily then its nh!
      IMO he would give up the J here but I am not sure about the K, also since I have note about aggressive drawing then he would probably not give up with oesd, fd, fd+gutshot, fd+pair
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d fold flop.
      He won´t bet pot without reason.
      So you´re probably behind and since he is aggressive he´d probably bet pot turn.
      I´ll just wait for better hand and then call him down.