This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6-max AQ vs loose agressive player

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      BB - I had note on him that plays draws very aggressively and bluffs a lot

Titan Poker Ausdrucksvoll 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

Button Hero ($9.60)
      SB ($9.75)
      BB [color:#C00000]BB ($27.61)[/color]
      UTG ($14.72)
      UTG+1 ($6.02)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A :diamond: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to 0.35, 1 fold, BB calls 0.25.

Flop (0.75) J :spade: 3 :diamond: K :spade:
      BB bets 0.75, Hero raises to 2, BB calls 1.25.

Since he is very agressive his flop bet might just be stab at the pot. At this point I thought I could push J or weak K out of the pot, but he calls so most likely he is drawing with something like fd, pair of treys+fd, fd+ gutshot or maybe he is way ahead with set of treys or KJ.

Turn (4.75) Q :heart:
      BB bets 4.75, Hero folds

Even though I improved and have the second pair + gutshot I don't think there is much I beat after his second psb except fd so I fold.
      Comments?
  • 4 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Why did you raise the flop? The only reason why you should raise the flop is if you are putting him on a flush draw or a stab, then you just made a better hand on turn so you should have called if you had a read on him.

If you planned to fold the turn with one of your cards paired, then why raise the flop?

Its a fold on flop, or re raise flop and call turn imo.

BTW: I am just trying to improve my game, so don't be surpirsed if you are right.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      If your opponent is agressive then probably re-raise doesn't make sense because he is so agressive that he will call or re-re-raise you with K or J. Of course id depends on opponent reads. If you have read that he is agressive but gives his hand away easily then its nh!
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      Why did you raise the flop? The only reason why you should raise the flop is if you are putting him on a flush draw or a stab, then you just made a better hand on turn so you should have called if you had a read on him.

If you planned to fold the turn with one of your cards paired, then why raise the flop?

Its a fold on flop, or re raise flop and call turn imo.

BTW: I am just trying to improve my game, so don't be surpirsed if you are right.
      I reraised the flop just to take down the pot if villain was donking with marginal hand or total bluff since I had note he loves to bluff

Yes I made the hand but it is only the second pair and queen also filled the gutshot and villain makes another psb so I doubt that he would do this with total bluff two times in a row considering that I reraised him on flop. He is aggressive but not stupid afaik.

And yes, I am very interested in opinion about the turn play - is my second pair+gutshot+oc good enough to shove the turn?

Originally posted by timukasr
      If your opponent is agressive then probably re-raise doesn't make sense because he is so agressive that he will call or re-re-raise you with K or J. Of course id depends on opponent reads. If you have read that he is agressive but gives his hand away easily then its nh!
      IMO he would give up the J here but I am not sure about the K, also since I have note about aggressive drawing then he would probably not give up with oesd, fd, fd+gutshot, fd+pair
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d fold flop.
      He won´t bet pot without reason.
      So you´re probably behind and since he is aggressive he´d probably bet pot turn.
      I´ll just wait for better hand and then call him down.