us players

• 11 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Unfortunately, if you live in the U.S., PokerStrategy won't be able to give you the $50 starting capital.

Of course you can still use the forums, and be a member of the community.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze

:rolleyes:
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Actually, that should be re-worded a little, to "I am not currently living in the U.S.A"

Before I signed up here, I had to send a question to support, since I am an American myself. I'm just not currently living in the U.S.

However, I am FROM the U.S.

:tongue:
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Does it hurt? :tongue:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak
      Actually, that should be re-worded a little, to "I am not currently living in the U.S.A"

Before I signed up here, I had to send a question to support, since I am an American myself. I'm just not currently living in the U.S.

However, I am FROM the U.S.

:tongue:
      Good point :)

I'll see to getting that fixed

Thanks Velak.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • sharkhunter420
      sharkhunter420
      Bronze
      I didn't get that check box about not being from the USA when I signed up :(

went through the whole process only to be told after making my account that it couldnt transfer. X(

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3433/pokerstrategyne8.png

this is what is on the registration screen, surely it was changed before cause I was going to sign up before and didnt cause I do live in the USA. if you aren't going to accept US players, is there a reason for taking that out in the registration screen (can we expect a change to the policy soon)? I read the terms and conditions as well and no mention...

thanks for your help. don't mean to be rude about this, I'm just disappointed and confused, and of course crossing my fingers (I want my cash money haha)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sharkhunter420
      I didn't get that check box about not being from the USA when I signed up :(

went through the whole process only to be told after making my account that it couldnt transfer. X(

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3433/pokerstrategyne8.png

this is what is on the registration screen, surely it was changed before cause I was going to sign up before and didnt cause I do live in the USA. if you aren't going to accept US players, is there a reason for taking that out in the registration screen (can we expect a change to the policy soon)? I read the terms and conditions as well and no mention...

thanks for your help. don't mean to be rude about this, I'm just disappointed and confused, and of course crossing my fingers (I want my cash money haha)
      Hello sharkhunter420,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It seems the IT made some changes to the registration page yesterday (removed the checkboxes) and omitted the previous line. I have corrected this - so that the information is visible again.

The policy of not accepting US players is based on us not being able to due to the current legal situation in your country. As soon as this changes - we should also be able to accept US players again.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • sharkhunter420
      sharkhunter420
      Bronze
      thanks for the quick response, so no intent to ever open to US with the current state of the law? and if something does change I can always come back right, even if I use the account for real money games?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sharkhunter420
      thanks for the quick response, so no intent to ever open to US with the current state of the law? and if something does change I can always come back right, even if I use the account for real money games?
      Hello sharkhunter420,

Yes, sadly not. Its simply not possible under the current laws for us to operate in the US. If the laws change - then there should be nothing stopping us from accepting US players - and as long as you are able to create an account at one of our partner sites with our bonus code there would be nothing keeping you from advancing on the site.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      I hope it happens soon. There's way too little fish for all them German TAGs. :tongue: We need them Yanks! :D
    • sharkhunter420
      sharkhunter420
      Bronze
      we'll be here soon enough hopefully :( even if i'm the only one, i'll make sure to bring my extremely LAG style to put the germans on tilt :tongue: