This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh KJo

• Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 5:spade: , 8:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, SB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($0,96) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,96) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,96, Hero calls $0,96.

Final Pot: $2,88

Is this a reraise on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Second barrel the turn since the opponent just check/called flop and you will know if he has the 5 if he re raises.

Basically bet the turn and fold to shove, on river a call is fine imo, since he can have AJ
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001
      Second barrel the turn since the opponent just check/called flop and you will know if he has the 5 if he re raises.

Basically bet the turn and fold to shove, on river a call is fine imo, since he can have AJ
      hmm nooooooo

a second barrel is very bad here, the goal is not to know if has a 5 or not !. If we second barrel it is in order to fold better hands than ours (its obviously not for value) but villain is never folding a pair(flopped or pocket), obv not folding a 5. We might fold Ahigh only

on the river the hand that worries me the less is AJ tbh.
      his psb is weird, and I would never raise it because I don't see any value: he is only calling with trips or a fh, and he is folding all his bluffs. The real question would be: do you call ? This has to be read-dependent: does he slowplay monsters and pots them on the river or does he bluff often in that spot ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played that fine.
      Since SB called flop then he´d probably call you down with any pair.
      River call is fine, since you might be behind to 5x or boat.