ipoker did not pass all online poker watchdog tests

• 33 replies
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      iPoker has the largest selection of bots to play against.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      One well known out of the box bot seller is neteller afilliate know... Seems like in our days nobody gives a fk about good name in online gambling (and related to it) world. I know they will probably find millions of exuses (like WH some time ago when their affiliate was some other bot site)
      And if network like ipoker gets license in Italy... That means that we will probably never have fair, safe and regulated online poker.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      bot hypothesis makes a lot of sense imo :f_biggrin:

poor ipokers
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      I'm hardly qualified to comment on this, so I was hoping people would. But the topic is dead.

Why? Isn't this something big?
    • TFMonty
      TFMonty
      Bronze
      because its old news and almost everyone knows that it is the case, and no-one at iPoker cares, as they only love rake.
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      So iPoker is rigged, that is a known fact and PStrat still associates with them?
    • ezeras
      ezeras
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GitGud
      So iPoker is rigged, that is a known fact and PStrat still associates with them?
      because they don't care too?
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      With 45% rakeback I'm finding it really hard to not play on iPoker. :(
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      I have 55pct rb there myself, but I wouldn't play there.
      Gues nobody comments because they are afraid PS might ban them, but I find it ridiculous that even in "choosing the right poker room for you" and similar threads iPoker is rumoured to have lot of fish.
      After split to Ipoker and Ipoker 2 rly no reason to play there imo.
    • dromm
      dromm
      Bronze
      got kicked by that one guy i wanted to report as a bot, what a hell of a coincidence,

Known Players:
      MP3: 2572 - 26 bb
      CO: 3200 - 32 bb
      BU: 1480 - 15 bb
      SB: 990 - 10 bb
      BB: 758 - 8 bb

50/100 No Limit Hold'em Tournament (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50829.7

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , K:club:
      SB posts small blind (50), BB posts big blind (100), MP3 raises to 200, CO raises to 600, Hero raises to 1480, 3 folds, CO calls

Flop: (3310 - 33.10 bb) J:spade: , T:diamond: , T:club: (2 Players)

Turn: (3310 - 33.10 bb) 9:club: (2 Players)

River: (3310 - 33.10 bb) 3:spade: (2 Players)

thanks for the post Vygantas82 , ill get my money out of there
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      LOL in Russian community i posted same link and mods deleted it without explanation. No warning, no explanation just post is gone lol
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      From looking at this it seems their sample is just way too small.

Yes they say that they have a sample of 16 million hands. However the sample they are actually testing is just preflop allins. This consists of only 250k hands.

I am reluctant to believe their standard deviation numbers either. I think these deviations are a lot more common then they are stating.

This needs a lot more extensive testing. Im talking about 100 million hand samples and atleast 4-5 million of the occurance (all in preflop) that you are trying to test.

Overall you need to look at the bigger picture. Why would Ipoker want to rig their games? What would they accomplish?

No matter what the outcome of the hand, Ipoker still takes rake and makes money. So why would they care if Player 1 wins or loses with AA vs Player 2's QQ? It simply does not matter to Ipoker.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Overall you need to look at the bigger picture. Why would Ipoker want to rig their games? What would they accomplish?

In theory... At the first glance it really looks like its no difference for poker room who wins with stronger or weaker hand - they get their rake anyway. But in reality biggest problem of poker rooms in our days is winning players who wins money from fish, leaves tables when no fish left and WITHDRAW money from poker room. So no more rake for pokeroom if fish do not redeposit again because as we all know good players don't like to play against each other. So poker rooms have to remove waitlist, limit table numbers you can play etc. to get rid of grinders that take away money from fish and then leaves. So that in THEORY would be a reason to rig the games.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      The thing is, when you take your average grinder they may win at around 1 or 2bb/100.

Now lets consider the rake is around 8bb/100 for 100nl.

For every $100 he wins he generates $400 in rake. So why would Ipoker care about this guy cashing out his $100?

The problem arises when you have the highstakes/nosebleed players who mainly playing fish. Now instead this guy is winning at 20bb/100 and only paying 1bb/100 in rake. Now if he cashes out 1 buy in at 10knl hes only payed $500 in rake to cash out $10k.

This is where the network 'loses' money. Not from the 100nl grinders.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      For every $100 he wins he generates $400 in rake

How money goes in cash table? From fish to grinders account. Till there is enough fish there is no problem. New and new fish looses money, some redeposit some not, grinders are happy to play to, poker room is also happy because gets tons of rake. But when there is more and more grinders and less fish comes every day LESS AND LESS RAKE IS GENERATED. Sharks eats those new fish very quickly and they quit tables if there is no new one or just pass blinds to each other. NO FISH - NO/LESS rake. No 400 $ for a room. And that 100 $ or other sum grinder withraws goes from fish account, and if he will not redeposit he will not generate rake anymore. Also good players which most are TAG's do not generate so much rake like fish which plays from much more to any two cards.
    • TTR151747762
      TTR151747762
      Basic
      GitGud
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      @Vygantas82

Lol, why is it that in every scam/rigged/etc. thead...there you are? :D

Oh and BTW, didn't you leave Pokerstrategy like couple of weaks ago? :f_p: Or is 10 years not the same in your little world? :f_biggrin:

With endless pussy nerds like MatejM47 and Tomaloc (which thinks they are some kick ass pros) posts this site is worse then scam. i leave it for 10 years. Admins you can even ban me i don't mind
      This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vygantas82: 20 Aug 2012 00:12.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Happy for you that you have your big isle of man 20 table offshore world were you can feel big kick ass pro. In reality your winnings are probably only from bonuses/rakeback because players like you are not worth a shit in poker.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      Happy for you that you have your big isle of man 20 table offshore world were you can feel big kick ass pro. In reality your winnings are probably only from bonuses/rakeback because players like you are not worth a shit in poker.
      LOL, who said I'm a pro? :D I only play because I like it and have fun doing it. I have no real intentions for poker to be my livelyhood.

What I don't understand is, why the f are you still here and playing, since you are obviously so sure online poker is rigged? :f_confused: Doesn't really make sense, does it?