[NL20-NL50] NL25SHZ - A2o

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      SB: $9.16 (36.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $27.32 (109.3 bb)
      UTG: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $44.29 (177.2 bb)
      CO: $26.65 (106.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: 2:heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.62, SB folds, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $1.38

Flop: ($4.10) Q:spade: A:spade: 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($8.60) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

River: ($19.60) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.25

Results: $50.10 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: Q:spade: A:spade: 4:heart: T:heart: A:heart:
      BTN showed Q:diamond: A:club: and won $48.10 ($23.10 net)
      Hero showed A:diamond: 2:heart: and lost (-$25 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]

Villain: 20/17 - 3bet: 5.3 (17k hands)
      Steal from BTN: 68%

Fold to resteal: 79% (narrow calling range)

Can't see myself getting value from this player, so I hope by check/calling I can get him to put in money with weaker hands.

Problem with this play is that on the river, villain can usually ship and i would have to fold as my check/calling shows a lot of weakness.

Thus that's the reason for me calling the river ship, knowing I am dominated by a lot of his aces from the start: AJ, AQ, (think he'll 4bet AK) and ATs.

pot odds: 30% for me to call he needs to be bluffing 1 out of 3.5 times, knowing his value range always owns me, and he'll never have a worse ace.

a play like this could be seen from more experienced regulars, and I doubt most 25 regulars would be able to make it.

I suppose with that said, I guess I wont be seeing 1 out of 3.5 times bluff, perhaps more like 1 out of 7, and a fold would be correct.

So yeah, I should've folded I suppose

Edit: so folding at river being the right decision I think?

I would still very much like some guidance in how to play the flop and turn, would bet/folding be better in this case, given that he has more KQ combos than AQ due to all the blockers out there?

but if I went bet, bet (can I bet turn) then would I have to bet river as well, would he call with his KQ, with the 3rd ace out (meaning I will get less credit?) I guess not. so: bet, bet, check/fold?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      on nl25 this is a clear fold on the river. :f_biggrin:

i even think that a turn fold is correct. c/c once and give up feels quite awkward though
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      People on nl 25 rarly use fancy bluff lines so i think u out level your self, they are pretty honest on low levels ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Edit: so folding at river being the right decision I think?

Correct, though we should already consider what we are doing on the turn? Vs his 3bet-calling range we are hardly beat there and rarely even head, nor the guy isn't really bluffing. Which means I'd Check/Fold already on the turn.

I would still very much like some guidance in how to play the flop and turn, would bet/folding be better in this case, given that he has more KQ combos than AQ due to all the blockers out there?

Nah, I like your play whilst turning it into bluff-catcher. Not that many worse hands pay you and we are just isolating vs strong hands.

but if I went bet, bet (can I bet turn) then would I have to bet river as well, would he call with his KQ, with the 3rd ace out (meaning I will get less credit?) I guess not. so: bet, bet, check/fold?

Well, if we Bet the flop then it means we are trying to do it for value, therefore I'd also protect vs those hands which Call the flop instead turning hand into bluff-catcher. I'd rather do it on the flop.

Best Regards.