Hero (BTN): $1322.24
      SB: $500.00
      BB: $557.84
      UTG: $1924.79
      MP: $701.81
      CO: $633.35

Pre Flop: ($7.50) Hero is BTN with K:heart: K:club:
      UTG raises to $10, 2 folds, Hero calls $10, SB calls $7.50, BB calls $5

Flop: ($40.00) 3:diamond: 5:club: J:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $30.00, Hero calls $30, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: ($100.00) Q:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $60.00, UTG calls $60

River: ($220.00) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $108.60, UTG raises to $388.75, Hero folds

Villain is 18/13/3 nit, 63% flop cbet 54% Turn cbet. BB is kind of a semi-weak player and SB is 23/19 guy who has been attacking me quite a lot (squeeze at 8%, not too sure if he attacks in these positions when nit with 13% opening range opens).

I was wondering whether I should have 3-bet or not, probably should have given that it's a minraise and I don't want a family pot.

I have the read on him that he pot controls stuff like TPTK and overpairs on the Turn sometimes. I wonder if I have any value on the River, given that he could easily have JJ and QQ and AA

On the River i suppose it's a fold, but I don't even know if he ever calls with stuff like AJ/KJ, or show up with QX. I also wonder if he's capable of turning something into a bluff, surely this nit who plays 500 everyday is able to exploit his nitty image by pulling off bluffs in this spot?
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Moved to this forum :)
    • 1mpr0x
      1mpr0x
      Platinum
      Going by your Turnreads I fold and don`t feel bad about it. Nits usually are Nits because they masstable or are bad postflop. That doesn`t automatically exclude the chance of him exploiting his own image and turning hands into a bluff (which would btw make this a pure infocall) but it makes it less likely (imo).
      Too tired to take a look at each street though so the above is just a general thought ;)
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      U should definitely 3bet it pre almost 300bb deep. As played, I'm calling that river. Can't see any point in c/r because ur range is bluffcatcher heavy and u shouldn't be betting very often (I assume u raise ur nutted hands on the turn that deep). Also I think bigger bet is much better because after he bets 2 streets and checks the river he has total air or something like Qx. He most likely isn't folding that because we still have many double floats on this turn.

Edit: Forgot we were multiways on the flop, so we don't have almost any floats, then betting small makes sense.
    • Lefty85
      Lefty85
      Bronze
      Nits gonna nit, he has QQ-JJ, move on. You're play is fine, you just got unlucky.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      turning his hand into a bluff would make zero sense against your range, surely. bottom of your value range is unlikely slowplayed KK or maybe floated AQ... next weakest hand is QJs? if he was bluffing he made a big mistake and got lucky.
    • pechkin85
      pechkin85
      Gold
      it makes no sense to checkraise river so big with AA if he pot controls it. And i dont see why he wouldnt vbet his sets on turn or atleast checkraise them.