This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25Shz - Aa

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $57.97 (231.9 bb)
      SB: $34.34 (137.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $46.46 (185.8 bb)
      UTG: $15.57 (62.3 bb)
      MP: $28.59 (114.4 bb)
      CO: $12.15 (48.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: A:spade:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $3, MP folds, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.85) T:spade: K:club: 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

Turn: ($14.45) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

River: ($33.45) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, BTN raises to $41.67 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.16 and is all-in

Villain: 17/7 3bet: 3.1 (10k hands)
      Fold to 3bet: 26%
      Call 3bet: 70%
      Fold to cbet (3bet pot): 37%

with a wide range including a lot of kings: KT, KQ, KJ, AK

I guess I can't really get away from this one?

Especially since the 2 on turn puts me ahead even against KT making me a clear favourite?

Any guidance on how to play this one as we're deep? River is a must call right because he'd probably ship the KT fairly often?

Edit: If I were to replay the hand I'd bet larger flop, larger turn and then ship it river.
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      You are deep with BTN, and little deep with MP, so much bigger raise would be needed preflop, especially oop.

I dont think that BTN's range is very wide (with his 17/7 over big sample), but you could include any PPs, so TT/22 as well. KK would be weird, maybe we can exclude that. AK is also possible, although we block a lot of combos. KQ, maybe KJs/QJs.

I think bet/call river is bad, he wont play this line with anything we beat. All in all, I dont think you can put in almost 200bb against this guy with just an overpair profitably.
      With the given potsize on the flop, I'd play around halfpot bet flop/turn, and a smallish bet/fold river. He wont bluff you, nor turn some made hand into bluff very often, especially this deep.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: I'd 3bet it even bigger whilst being deep and OOP.
      Postflop: I'd rather keep the sizes similar, so Bet the flop & turn bigger and if you planning to Bet/Call the river then why not just shove yourself? Bet the flop & turn bigger and ship the river.

If we Bet the river smaller amount I'd be rather block-bet/Folding it then.

Best Regards.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      You are deep with BTN, and little deep with MP, so much bigger raise would be needed preflop, especially oop.

I dont think that BTN's range is very wide (with his 17/7 over big sample), but you could include any PPs, so TT/22 as well. KK would be weird, maybe we can exclude that. AK is also possible, although we block a lot of combos. KQ, maybe KJs/QJs.

I think bet/call river is bad, he wont play this line with anything we beat. All in all, I dont think you can put in almost 200bb against this guy with just an overpair profitably.
      With the given potsize on the flop, I'd play around halfpot bet flop/turn, and a smallish bet/fold river. He wont bluff you, nor turn some made hand into bluff very often, especially this deep.
      I have the best two-pair out there, don't forget that, there are zero straights, zero flushes. The only thing that beats me is basically a house, which means TT,KK.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: I'd 3bet it even bigger whilst being deep and OOP.
      Postflop: I'd rather keep the sizes similar, so Bet the flop & turn bigger and if you planning to Bet/Call the river then why not just shove yourself? Bet the flop & turn bigger and ship the river.

If we Bet the river smaller amount I'd be rather block-bet/Folding it then.

Best Regards.
      Well, do you agree with betting larger then shipping it against this fish? There are zero flushes, zero straights, and I beat any two-pair he might have.

Obv, that includes betting larger pre-flop, while multi-tabling I miss to include stack sizes into my 3bet sizing factors.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      the thing is, he is bluffing like 0% of the time here. so it all depends on how much KT he has and actually ships otr.
      maybe a fair range is

Board: T:spade: K:club: 2:heart:  2:diamond:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    66.67%  66.67%   0.00% { TT, 22, KTs }
      BB     33.33%  33.33%   0.00% { AsAc }

or there may be some KK, KTo, or maybe we should give him only one KT... and 1 spaz combo :D
      you have 10k hands on the guy. give us more stats