[NL20-NL50] Nl25Shz - Aa

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $57.97 (231.9 bb)
      SB: $34.34 (137.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $46.46 (185.8 bb)
      UTG: $15.57 (62.3 bb)
      MP: $28.59 (114.4 bb)
      CO: $12.15 (48.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: A:spade:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $3, MP folds, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.85) T:spade: K:club: 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

Turn: ($14.45) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

River: ($33.45) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, BTN raises to $41.67 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.16 and is all-in

Villain: 17/7 3bet: 3.1 (10k hands)
      Fold to 3bet: 26%
      Call 3bet: 70%
      Fold to cbet (3bet pot): 37%

with a wide range including a lot of kings: KT, KQ, KJ, AK

I guess I can't really get away from this one?

Especially since the 2 on turn puts me ahead even against KT making me a clear favourite?

Any guidance on how to play this one as we're deep? River is a must call right because he'd probably ship the KT fairly often?

Edit: If I were to replay the hand I'd bet larger flop, larger turn and then ship it river.
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Diamond
      You are deep with BTN, and little deep with MP, so much bigger raise would be needed preflop, especially oop.

I dont think that BTN's range is very wide (with his 17/7 over big sample), but you could include any PPs, so TT/22 as well. KK would be weird, maybe we can exclude that. AK is also possible, although we block a lot of combos. KQ, maybe KJs/QJs.

I think bet/call river is bad, he wont play this line with anything we beat. All in all, I dont think you can put in almost 200bb against this guy with just an overpair profitably.
      With the given potsize on the flop, I'd play around halfpot bet flop/turn, and a smallish bet/fold river. He wont bluff you, nor turn some made hand into bluff very often, especially this deep.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: I'd 3bet it even bigger whilst being deep and OOP.
      Postflop: I'd rather keep the sizes similar, so Bet the flop & turn bigger and if you planning to Bet/Call the river then why not just shove yourself? Bet the flop & turn bigger and ship the river.

If we Bet the river smaller amount I'd be rather block-bet/Folding it then.

Best Regards.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      You are deep with BTN, and little deep with MP, so much bigger raise would be needed preflop, especially oop.

I dont think that BTN's range is very wide (with his 17/7 over big sample), but you could include any PPs, so TT/22 as well. KK would be weird, maybe we can exclude that. AK is also possible, although we block a lot of combos. KQ, maybe KJs/QJs.

I think bet/call river is bad, he wont play this line with anything we beat. All in all, I dont think you can put in almost 200bb against this guy with just an overpair profitably.
      With the given potsize on the flop, I'd play around halfpot bet flop/turn, and a smallish bet/fold river. He wont bluff you, nor turn some made hand into bluff very often, especially this deep.
      I have the best two-pair out there, don't forget that, there are zero straights, zero flushes. The only thing that beats me is basically a house, which means TT,KK.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: I'd 3bet it even bigger whilst being deep and OOP.
      Postflop: I'd rather keep the sizes similar, so Bet the flop & turn bigger and if you planning to Bet/Call the river then why not just shove yourself? Bet the flop & turn bigger and ship the river.

If we Bet the river smaller amount I'd be rather block-bet/Folding it then.

Best Regards.
      Well, do you agree with betting larger then shipping it against this fish? There are zero flushes, zero straights, and I beat any two-pair he might have.

Obv, that includes betting larger pre-flop, while multi-tabling I miss to include stack sizes into my 3bet sizing factors.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      the thing is, he is bluffing like 0% of the time here. so it all depends on how much KT he has and actually ships otr.
      maybe a fair range is

Board: T:spade: K:club: 2:heart:  2:diamond:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP3    66.67%  66.67%   0.00% { TT, 22, KTs }
      BB     33.33%  33.33%   0.00% { AsAc }

or there may be some KK, KTo, or maybe we should give him only one KT... and 1 spaz combo :D
      you have 10k hands on the guy. give us more stats