confused in positions

• 7 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      When no one can fold before you, you are right after the BB(big blind) then you treat that situation as everyone folded. From those charts you just fold all hands except the Very strong hands and Strong hands.

I hope this was what you wanted, if you still have something unclear then just ask away, I see this is your first post so congrats on that and don't worry we are all friendly here and ready to help.
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      thanks dude that helps me a lot. i hope i am going to develop my playing. and i have 1 more question. do new players have to obey shc
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      and where can i follow except the articles in this website for developing much
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cnbykr
      do new players have to obey shc
      For new players it really is better to play by following the SHC, the thing is that it doesn't put you in tough situations. It is understandable that you would like to play more hands rather than just waiting long for the strong ones, but the thing is that with mediocre hands you will get yourself in tough spots where you might not be sure about your kicker, and when you lose with a strong looking hand for a new player it will make you angry and you will start to play bad when angry. When you progress and become a better player of course you will stop following the SHC and you will open more hands, but then you will also have the experience with understanding how good each hand is and how to play them the best.
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      thanks again.. and if ı'm the second early what can i do ?because there is an option in the chart says one player raise and the other calls
      but if i'm the second player nobody can call

these first 2 positions are really confusing me
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cnbykr
      if ı'm the second early what can i do ?because there is an option in the chart says one player raise and the other calls
      but if i'm the second player nobody can call
      If you are second early then there can be a raise but no call because you are the second guy to act, so in that case you just don't look at the "One player raises. At least one opponent calls the raise." because it's not possible, you then have to look at "One player raises. All other opponents fold." yes, there is no one folding before you, but the situation is the same if someone raises and you are the next one to act, or if someone raises and two people fold and then you have to act, both situations are the same in a way that there is a guy in the pot who raised and no one else is in the pot and you have to act.
    • cnbykr
      cnbykr
      Basic
      now i understood it.i am going to play with chart then.