[NL2-NL10] AT - passive play in position

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

My opponent is 39/13/5. In this spot...I was just....so unsure what should I do but in the same way since he is very loose and donks 40% of flops I decided to call till river if no bigger card will come. I personally think that this was a very bad play. I think that there should have been raise by me somewhere or fold.

I left the spoiler because I was very surprised what he actually played because I would not put him on this given this line. But I would like to know what would you put him on since he is pretty loose.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.13
      Hero (BTN): $2.00
      SB: $4.66
      BB: $3.82
      UTG: $2.05
      UTG+1: $2.03
      MP: $4.13

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) T:heart: 7:club: 2:spade:
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.92, 2 players) 8:spade:
      BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.82, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      BB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

BB shows K:heart: 9:heart: (High Card, King) (Pre 38%, Flop 20%, Turn 25%)
      Hero shows T:club: A:heart: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 62%, Flop 80%, Turn 75%)
      Hero wins $3.76
  • 5 replies
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Hey man! :)

Why are you not raising this flop? I can't see much that beats you in his range, if he does have two pair or a set then he will more than likely reraise, you'll then have much more info to base your decision on.

If like you say are scared to see an overcard then you've gotta raise and protect :p.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      I'd disagree with the above post, no point in racing your just folding out most/ if not all of his worse hands that you beat including his bluffs and value owning yourself against better hands

Wp and nice hand
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If he donks the pot this big I would suspect he often has connected with the flop. So for the sake of gaining value I would raise there. If the Turn is an overcard and he also Tx, he might slow down which is not the thing you want

As played the Turncard forces you to play calldown as it completes a couple of draws

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Hey gerv, if you raise he surely he's folding nearly all his Tx hands and only really continually with 2pair/ sets that have us crushed? Also the guys a massive LAG so by just calling you give him a chance to bluff as OP says he Donks 40% of flops, not its just not when he has top pair. I think overall your losing value by raising against hands you have beat and value owning yourself against better hands with a few expections of a couple Tx hands.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      Hey gerv, if you raise he surely he's folding nearly all his Tx hands and only really continually with 2pair/ sets that have us crushed?
      He plays 39/13 , for sure he is not bet/folding Tx(T7s++) & draws. Sometimes he even check/raises 22/77 so from those 6 combo's in total, you can discount 2-3? I am not going to call just because he has 3 combo's of nuts in his range versus a lot of Tx & random garbage

Also the guys a massive LAG so by just calling you give him a chance to bluff as OP says he Donks 40% of flops, not its just not when he has top pair. I think overall your losing value by raising against hands you have beat and value owning yourself against better hands with a few expections of a couple Tx hands.
      He is 39/13 meaning he is relatively loose/passive instead of Loose aggressive. But this is not preflop, this is postflop so any postflop stats from AyuraoA would be appreciated

Mostly people do not 3barrel all-in as a bluff. There are some crazy people but the average joe just stabs once or twice so before there is any overcard or any other card that kills my action, I want to accrue value by raising

- Gerv