Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1876400
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $2.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 2,6, Hands: 7078
      SB: $0.86 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 11,0, Hands: 49
      BB: $2.46 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5
      CO: $5.40 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 9, AF: 0,0, Hands: 62

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with Q :heart: A :club:
      CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) T :club: 2 :club: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.33) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.22, CO folds
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

What's the reason for calling the flop? You have there just Ace high and very little information on the guy.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

What's the reason for calling the flop? You have there just Ace high and very little information on the guy.

Best Regards.
      His bet sizing indicates to me that he's just bluffing. This is a very draw-heavy board, he would bet more with a strong made hand. I even have equity, so I decided to float. I think this is great because I have position on him, and will be able to reevaluate turn.

he can have small pps, scs, random overcards, bp/mp. Just making him fold his equity share, and collecting dead money seems nice to me.

Or this is simply a tricky move, which I shouldnt do against unknown? OR
      We can't simply fold and give up every time we don't hit, can we? The other person has the same chance to miss as I do, and the bet sizing on this draw-heavy board just makes it more probable that he has missed.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      His bet sizing indicates to me that he's just bluffing. This is a very draw-heavy board, he would bet more with a strong made hand. I even have equity, so I decided to float. I think this is great because I have position on him, and will be able to reevaluate turn.

he can have small pps, scs, random overcards, bp/mp. Just making him fold his equity share, and collecting dead money seems nice to me.

Or this is simply a tricky move, which I shouldnt do against unknown? OR
      We can't simply fold and give up every time we don't hit, can we? The other person has the same chance to miss as I do, and the bet sizing on this draw-heavy board just makes it more probable that he has missed.
      But you ain't making an opponent with floating to fold and very often you have to fold to 2nd barrel? :) So still I don't see why you would be floating there with it. Letting him maybe catch something? Or lets hope that we catch some draw with we wont have implied odds on turn if he bets again? = Making a mistake yourself on the turn if you call it again when you hit your draw.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I would float there, too. To balance my range and to make better hands to fold. And we might still have A and Q as our living outs, so..

Of course, in case of second barrel, I'd just give up this pot and wait for the next time.