how does having 2 monitors work?

• Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      I'm interested in buying a 2nd monitor for multitabling poker sngs and I have some questions

how does it work? do you use the same mouse?

Can you add a 2nd external monitor to a laptop?

And finally, for people who got a 2nd monitor, was it worth it?

Thanks in advance for the help :)
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Leito99
      I'm interested in buying a 2nd monitor for multitabling poker sngs and I have some questions

how does it work? do you use the same mouse?

Can you add a 2nd external monitor to a laptop?

And finally, for people who got a 2nd monitor, was it worth it?

Thanks in advance for the help :)
      I've moved this thread here since it seems more appropriate.

In reverse order:
      Yes, it is far beyond worth it -- once you've had two monitors for while you'll never go back.

You can add a 2nd monitor to a laptop easily. Most modern laptops accommodate it natively, and Windows also supports it from Windows 2000 onwards.

The two monitors form a single logical monitor. The 2nd monitor can be either left, right, above or below your primary monitor. The primary monitor can either by your laptop screen or the external monitor. The mouse pointer moves seamlessly from one to the other. You can drag windows from one to the other. Most poker clients are multiple monitor aware, and some have settings to control how that awareness functions.

Enjoy
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Def worth it, can't imagine going without it. Altough I've never started playing on both monitors, seemed like too much viewing space for me it's still great to have a lobby,etc on one monitor while all the tables are on the bigger one.
      I've got a 24" and 17" could tile 12 and 9 tables accordingly. or 6 and 4 big ones