[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 QQ 4bet vs squeeze

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $44 (88 bb)
      MP: $55.75 (111.5 bb)
      CO: $52.47 (104.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $53.11 (106.2 bb)
      SB: $68.89 (137.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      UTG raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $5.50, 2 folds, CO calls $4, Hero raises to $13, SB calls $7.50, CO folds

Flop: ($33.50) K J 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($33.50) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($38.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $8.50, Hero folds

I thought that 4betting preflop yields a higher EV than a shove.

On the flop I thin that all his value range beats me so I check back.

Turn planned to call this bet and evaluate river (mostly folding), I thought he might take a cheap stab here, but after thinking about the hand more deeply I think my opponent has AA here (I'd expect villains to make it bigger with QQ/AK) and he also knows that I cannot be strong here.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

He may easily have there a inducing range and of course trapping range which flats the 4bet just like that in those spots. So whatever he has will be rather stronger. Though I would most likely end up calling him there and taking a note for the given odds.

Note about his squeeze size + note for his flatting range.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Can't we squeeze ourselves vs unknowns? QQ is good enough?

Don't you think SB is really strong if he 3B vs UTG and vs so many people? I would just flat the 3B tbh :/
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Don't you think SB is really strong if he 3B vs UTG and vs so many people? I would just flat the 3B tbh :/
      Well, depends what was Hero's plan, I don't really know much about SB. The guy may easily squeeze there loose as well so it's a perfect spot to trap it. Nor of course squeezing for value wouldn't be wrong either.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, depends what was Hero's plan, I don't really know much about SB. The guy may easily squeeze there loose as well so it's a perfect spot to trap it. Nor of course squeezing for value wouldn't be wrong either.
      Do you mean that if we plan to squeeze/fold it is bad?
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      his squeeze indicates medium to strong hand
      you reraise ... so your intention was to get it all in preflop wich i think it is a mistake only if you knew he is 3-betting light to isolate in wich case a call would be good.

small bet out of position on river .....i dont think he wants you to fold so he has at least AJ , QQ ,AKor monster KK , JJ.

if i was you i wouldnt accept that small donk bet on turn ... i would raise it to 3x ... this would usually give me back the initiative and i can check on river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz

Do you mean that if we plan to squeeze/fold it is bad?
      No, I was talking about SB who squeezed -> maybe was aggressive and hero was trapping.