DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $16.77 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 8,0, AFq: 73, Hands: 42
      UTG: $12.31 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 4,6, Hands: 180
      Hero (CO): $12.32 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 57711
      BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 7, PFR: 7, 3B: 8, AF: 0,0, Hands: 29
      SB: $10.01 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 3, AF: 10,0, Hands: 184

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A :spade: K :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 8 :spade: 2 :heart: K :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.31, Hero calls $0.81

Turn: ($3.27) 5 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.56, Hero calls $1.56

River: ($6.39) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.05, Hero folds

An unfamiliar spot for me. Since villain is basically representing a very narrow range and his raise/betsizing is not really that big I thought that it makes sense to call both on the flop and turn but I am not sure it is really the best play.

My best guess is that I still can call the flop since some regs might try and fight back on such boards every once in a while + the sizing is not that huge, but I could consider folding on the turn because it is difficult to see him believing that he still has fold equity. Not all that sure he would continue with his bluffs on this board on turn.

So – call flop, fold turn?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Don't really see myself folding in those spots. Especially on the river? Why would you call the turn and then fold the river? Snap-call it off as well whilst he is representing a very narrow range, 2 on the river also made him less likely to have a hand.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) So with the board being so dry and villain betting so relatively small is this a standard spot to call him down unless there are some special reads? Or is it still a close decision on the turn as to whether or not to call both turn+river.
      2) If we assume that villain's range is most likely not really merged here but instead very polarized between the nuts and pure bluffs can we even call him down here with a hand like JJ–QQ?
      3) If villain check/raises such a flop, can we often not 3Bet bluff him when we have not hit decently enough to call him down? I mean, he is still repping a very narrow range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) So with the board being so dry and villain betting so relatively small is this a standard spot to call him down unless there are some special reads? Or is it still a close decision on the turn as to whether or not to call both turn+river.

, as always in poker. :)

2) If we assume that villain's range is most likely not really merged here but instead very polarized between the nuts and pure bluffs can we even call him down here with a hand like JJ–QQ?

, same answer. No basic rule for it. The guy may easily even Check/Raise Kx hands, so how can we say that it's always a call or not? :)

3) If villain check/raises such a flop, can we often not 3Bet bluff him when we have not hit decently enough to call him down? I mean, he is still repping a very narrow range.

, once again... I'd give you a easy tip, don't look for basic plays in poker, cause you just don't find them. Always depends on the opponent, depends how we see him, depends what we have been doing earlier, could the guy be tilting etc. If the guy also understand that you can't represent much on the flop either then why would you 3bet it even?
      Bronze

What are the factors that led you towards declaring this as a spot where you don't usually fold:
      Don't really see myself folding in those spots.
      ?

The guy may easily even Check/Raise Kx hands

Is that not very rare on NL10?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91

What are the factors that led you towards declaring this as a spot where you don't usually fold:
      Don't really see myself folding in those spots.
      ?

The guy may easily even Check/Raise Kx hands

Is that not very rare on NL10?
      Rare what? That he is bluffing there? The guy may easily even have Kx there and weaker one. :D